Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sulpher belchs

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭

Does anyone know what causes the following problem.
    It starts off with mild belchs smelling of sulpher or rotten eggs then progresses rapidly to loud really foul smelling wind. Next is the cramps which double me over accompnied by cold sweating. Then the fun starts, vomiting and dioreha, sometimes at the same time. ie sitting on the toilet with dioreha then vomiting then dioreha in the one session. The dioreha is rotten and watery and only stops when the bowel is empty. The vomiting is disgusting, smelly.It only stops with dry retching when the stomach is empty. The smell of the belchs is unbelievable, the cramps intolerable and the vomiting stinking.It knocks me out for 48 hours. Ive tried eliminating foods, have been allergy tested, had cameras up and down. The only thing Im eating now is chicken and potatoes, no vegs, no fruit, coffee, spices,chocolate, dairy, very little alcohal, dont smoke. This could happen once a month or 4 times a year.
    Anyone else had this and been cured.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

And have the doctors got no suggestions as to what might be causing it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

Everything from ulcer, IBS,food allergy to parasite or bacteria infection. Tried modern medicine, holistic, acupuncture, reflexology. Still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

Would be worth asking your doc to check for Celiac Disease you can get some info here >>> http://www.celiac.com/

I had similar problems been on a gluten free diet 2 years now and feel legend :)

Must be something seriously affecting your system if it has you that ill (when it happens).
    Have you kept a food diary and noted when you feel slightly worse or slightly better?
    Are you in contact with anything that might be contributing to it? (workplace or home etc)

You say ulcers and infections have been suggested - but I assume there's been no confirmation of any?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

very worth asking a doctor but my scientific mind screams bacterial process of some sort, ulcer or the standard stomach bug

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

Thanks for the replies. I have kept a food diary but cannot pin it down. As I said Im basicly eating chicken (no skin), baked potatoe, bread, tea,porridge, a little milk in both,crackers and a couple of pints of guinness once a month.dont smoke. Ulcers and IBS were discounted, have had biopsies, cameras up and down, beriums, blood tests, allergy testing. Im beginning to think it could be parasitic or bacteria. Going back to the doc on Monday after another attack last Tuesday night lasting all day Wednesday. Will ask about coeliac and lactose as well.

At least you've ruled out somethings that it might have been.
    As suggested - perhaps like you think yourself bacterial, and or coeliac etc too. Hopefully the doc can do more tests and prove or disprove the above - best of luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

While it does indeed sound bacterial in nature- a good gastrointestinal consultant should be in a position to assist in identifying what the issue is, and prescribing a relevant course of action to moderate/mitigate its effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Giggles1982

I had something similiar but much milder a few months ago , lasted a few weeks on and off. The rotten belches , it honestly felt, smelled & tasted like putrid faeces were repeating on me . I wasnt constipated or anything so it wasnt a case of being severely 'backed up' . Antacids just seemed to mix with it and make it worse . I just drank heaps of water , i felt that i had some yucky bacteria in me and needed to flush it out or something .
    I cant really help because it just resolved itself, thankfully . I hope you get some answers , and successful treatment . Take care.

Advertisement