Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Network Map

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

lola576 wrote: »
    Could someone help me to understand how I can find the bus that takes me from Central Station to Heuston by reading this map? I don't understand the bus system at all!!

The other train station is called Dublin - Connolly. You can get a 90 or 91 bus between the two stations. Go out the front of Connolly and down the escalator to the Luas tram station. Dublin Bus buses use the first bus stop (with the blue pole).

You can also get the tram (Luas) although it's slightly more expensive. Only 1/3 of the trams serve Connolly so it might be faster to walk along the tram line to the Busaras stop which is served by all trams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lola576

markpb wrote: »
    The other train station is called Dublin - Connolly. You can get a 90 or 91 bus between the two stations. Go out the front of Connolly and down the escalator to the Luas tram station. Dublin Bus buses use the first bus stop (with the blue pole).

You can also get the tram (Luas) although it's slightly more expensive. Only 1/3 of the trams serve Connolly so it might be faster to walk along the tram line to the Busaras stop which is served by all trams.

Thanks so much. What I meant by Central Station was the Busaras. I wasn't even aware that there was a tram system. I'll be arriving on a ferry and the ferry port bus will stop at Busaras. I have accomadation near St James Hospital, which is within walking distance of Heuston Station. I will probably end up walking everywhere a lot, but to start off I'll have luggage until I can stow it.
    I just checked out Luas and that makes a lot more sense!! Thanks Mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well Busaras is next to Connolly so you can take the 90/91 or Luas to there aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

Hi Lola,

The Luas tram system will probably be your best option. It is slightly more expensive than the bus, but it's the most direct service to where you are going. When you arrive at Busaras you will see the Luas platform. You'll need a tram heading for Tallaght. You can purchase your ticket at the automated machine on the platform, which is very simple to use. The fare between Busaras and St.James Hospital is €1.80. Trams run about every 5 minutes.

There is a bus service to Heuston, Route 90, but this finishes at 10am each morning. If you do wish to use the bus, you can make a short walk to O'Connell Street for the 123 bus, which will also take you to James' Street/Hospital.

It does sound like the Luas is the better option for you.

If you are spending a few days in Dublin and will be using public transport, you should look into purchasing a prepaid ticket which will last a few days and save you a few euro.

Advertisement