Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms In Tralee

Options
  • 18-12-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to the trials and tribulations of shared accommodation, I have a collection of weights equipment that I can't really use any more (lack of space being the main factor).

As a result I'm thinking of joining a gym in or near Tralee in January. Ideally the gym would be within a 10-15 minute drive of Tralee town. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go? I'm not interested in a pool or a sauna/steam room or anything like that. I just want somewhere with a decent weights section and some cardio equipment (e.g. bikes/treadmills etc.)

I did some searching on the Internet earlier and found the following. Prices listed are for single person normal (i.e. not off-peak) membership:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hey i was in Fels point gym for 6 months, nice gym and staff, really lacks in the weight section, only free wights up to 20kg dumbbell and no squat rack etc, I joined the Brandon at the start of the month, i go daily in the mornings and its not busy, have a very good weight section and over all nice gym, i say its busy after 6 tho.

Also look into Banna gym http://www.bannabeachhotel.net/webpilot/banna_beach1.asp?cid=21

and the Tralee sports complex.

The Fels point hotel and Manor west gym lack in the weights section.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Vain wrote: »
    Hey i was in Fels point gym for 6 months, nice gym and staff, really lacks in the weight section, only free wights up to 20kg dumbbell and no squat rack etc, I joined the Brandon at the start of the month, i go daily in the mornings and its not busy, have a very good weight section and over all nice gym, i say its busy after 6 tho.

Also look into Banna gym http://www.bannabeachhotel.net/webpilot/banna_beach1.asp?cid=21

and the Tralee sports complex.

The Fels point hotel and Manor west gym lack in the weights section.
    Thanks for that info Vain. I'll definitely give Fels Point a miss if there's no squat rack as that would be close to the top of the list of requirements for me.

Where is the Tralee Sports Complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its in Oakpark, Its been done up since i was last in there, so im not sure what its like, best bet is to call to all gyms and the staff will give you a tour so you can get the feel of the gyms yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

Banna is pretty good, and usually nice and quiet up until about 6pm.

I've been a member for about 3 months and cant recommend it enough.

Advertisement