Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which would you buy

• 18-12-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭

If you had the money for only one?

COD MW2
    Borderlands
    GTA BOGT & LAD

I already have gta 4 and COD4

Don't really like COD too much, I'm a bit slow on the whole thing and die a lot but I do like the multiplayer side of things more

GTA rocks

Borderland is an unknown but looks cool

Any opinions to help me decide?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'd pick Borderlands (ironically the only one I don't have but I've played it and enjoyed it)

If you like GTA however then BOGT and LATD are two very good expansions on it.

Plus MW2 is just deadly....

...ah feck it just buy them all, love the poverty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

+1 for Borderlands
    Absolutely fantastic game, and sounds perfectly suited to your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Am i the only one who didn't like borderlands at all? Only played a few hours of it and its been sitting there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

EGriff wrote: »
    Am i the only one who didn't like borderlands at all? Only played a few hours of it and its been sitting there since.

yes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

EGriff wrote: »

You may be. It's one of the few games I've played recently that keeps me coming back again and again to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yeah Borderlands for me too. I keep coming back to the game, which is rare for me. Especially considering I have games I've just bought or haven't even played yet sitting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If your not too keen on COD, go for GTA. Saying that COD does have an excellent multiplayer on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Was never a fan of gta but absolutely love the COD series. Saying that though, I started borderlands last week and I'm hooked. Great game. It's like COD mashed with something like fallout/oblivion/warcraft (anyone else notice the weapon color progression is just like in WoW, white->green->blue->purple->orange)

So Borderlands gets my vote. Head over to zavvi to pick it up for around 21 euro (around half the price of MW2). Actually you could probably get two decent games for the price of MW2.

Get both GTA and Borderlands:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-iv-episodes-from-liberty-city/10048153.html
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/borderlands/10048147.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So I ended up getting GTA episode from the girlfriend for xmas.
    Only played Lost and damned so far, not great tbh.

Also got Borderlands, EPIC!
    I love my exploding shell sniper rifle :D:D:D

First FPS shooter that i've properly enjoyed since goldeneye way back on the n64. Most are too scary or hard for me :o:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah you'll have to get MW:2 now seeing as you got all the others :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement