Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licences Refused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Good luck with the appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Got my letter today from the new C Super in Limerick,today
    REFUSED...
    Same BS not appropriate ,no good reason etc.
    Merry Feckin Xmas!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Got my letter today from the new C Super in Limerick,today
    REFUSED...
    Same BS not appropriate ,no good reason etc.
    Merry Feckin Xmas!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that Griz, its fairly depressing alright:(

Its frustrating that someone can just take your chosen sport/hobby away from you like that, I've just tried not to think about it too much.
    I really enjoyed the craic with the lads down at the range and was just starting to group well, unless my club opens a rifle range I can't see myself renewing my membership:(

Will you be able to keep the gun in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Sorry to hear that Griz - so much for Christmas spirit! :o

Nope Murph!
    I am going to fight this...All the way to the Supreme court if necessary.If this cost me my house,property and if I have to sell my girlfriends body down on Limericks Dock road to raise money..I will... They might win ,but it wont be a pushover for them
    I will move it up to NI first.Where it is more civilised regarding firearms,storage is cheaper and this lot wont get their grubby paws on my gun or my money either..
    I have no intention of paying a bunch of profiteering CNUTS down here for usurious storage charges that they are erking out of the misery of pistool shooters in the ROI.Dont worry,their day will come too.What goes around comes around.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Got 2 refusals today myself. Meeeting with my solicitor in a few days.

It was nice timing.
    However, if they were trying to ruin Christmas, they failed.
    That's my Mother-in-laws job and she is on her way over right now to see that it's done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

REFUSED...

Really sorry to hear that, seriously...I can only imagine your terrible disappointment, mine's pending I'll wager...

Hopefully 2010 will bring fairness.

Merry Christmas anyway and to all safe, law abiding sporting shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

crimestat wrote: »
    Thanks meathshooter March is 3 months away a lot can happen. The problem now is I do not have a current licence so I cannot shoot in Midlands what is the story until March. My local Sergeant told me he would not confiscate the pistol until the appeal was over even though he was instructed to by the ex super. I am in a bit of a limbo; do you know can I range shoot over the holidays anywhere without a current license?

my went into storage the day after the letter and most authorised ranges if not all state asfik that you must have a current licence

Not that you would think they might suspend your membership until you are sorted out one way or the other.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

Sorry to hear your bad news lads, I was refused in November myself, line of crap, they've been planning this with a few years if you ask me.

Any way the important thing is that we stay cool, at the end of the day what they are doing is not legal and above board, we have to get an honest judge soon.

All the best,

HJ:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Nope Murph!
    I will move it up to NI first.Where it is more civilised regarding firearms,storage is cheaper and this lot wont get their grubby paws on my gun or my money either..
    :mad:

i'm ahead of you on the moving part they can keep their little bog hole and all their banker buddies and unfair laws and their whole stinking pile of S**T

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lead loader

Got a letter from the local Superintendant today. Letter informed me that i was now a criminal in possession of un-licenced WEAPONS, and that i had 15 days to hand them into Garda Station for destruction or alternatively hand them into gun dealer for destruction or sale in accordance with law. He requires written proof within 15 days.:mad::mad::mad: No mention of my right pursuant to law to have the firearms stored pending an appeal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Got a letter from the local Superintendant today. Letter informed me that i was now a criminal in possession of un-licenced WEAPONS, and that i had 15 days to hand them into Garda Station for destruction or alternatively hand them into gun dealer for destruction or sale in accordance with law. He requires written proof within 15 days.:mad::mad::mad: No mention of my right pursuant to law to have the firearms stored pending an appeal!!

Did they actually call them weapons??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lead loader

Yes the Super called them weapons all right, standard practise for An Garda Siochana i believe! The wording of the letter is as follows:

My Name
    Address
    etc

Re: Application for Firearms Certificate to licence a xxxxx and a xxxxx

Dear Mr. XXXXX

I am advised by the Divisional Officer that your applications to licence the above mentioned restricted firearms has been unsuccessful.

In the light of these refusals I must now advise you that you are in possession of two un-licenced weapons (Pistols)

You shall now dispose of the weapons in accordance with law by surrender of the weapons to your local Garda Station at XXXXXXX for destruction or alternatively handing them to a licenced gun dealer for sale/destruction. Confirmation in writing required within 15 days.

Your co-operation in this regard is appreciated and a period of 15 days is given for necessary compliance.

yours sincerely

__________________ Superintendent

(XXXX XXXXXX)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

See what would happen if you called them "weapons" on an application form:rolleyes:
    Maybe as there not licenced anymore they use the term weapons????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭syconerd

hi everyone
    I have been refused a licence for a single shot Thompson pistol .22 rimfire caliber the reason given is "I am not satisfied that you have shown good reason for requiring a restricted firearm where a non-restricted firearm will not fufil the purpose for which the firarm is required "
    and they want to know when i will send them acceptable written evidence of permanent destruction of the firearm yeah right not before I appeal this and exhaust every avenue this is one guy who wont give up without a fight,..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I am aware of the Thompson pistols. They make the Contender models with interchangeable barrels, but answer this please. How is your pistol restricted. It meets all the criteria of an unrestricted pistol, single shot, .22, longer than 10cm. I don't see how you can be refused on the grounds that an unrestricted would do the same job when (to me) you clearly have an unrestricted.

Might want to check that out, as the refusal seems to have no basis. Unless they have introduced an unrestricted - restricted list.:confused:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Refused on a remington 1100 Shotgun 5 shot!! apprently vermin shooting,clay shooting or using it outside the State for boar hunting isnt a good enough reason anymore in Limericks CS eyes.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Plug it ?

(the shotgun I mean :D)

Advertisement