Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

As if FPS' weren't all too similar already...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

MOH has been a great series.
    If MOH is copying COD, then COD is also copying MOH. They are both FPS shooters after all so it makes sense that the a large part of both games involves a lot of shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, wasn't Infinity Ward started by a bunch of guys who worked on Medal of Honour?
    At the time, CoD felt like a massive clone of Allied Assault... This is just things coming full circle really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I think if you want variety in your games your best off staying away from FPS.

But MOH does look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

First time seeing that trailer, thanks for the link - it looks great. Will be nice to have something new in Autumn 2010 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I forgot that anything set in modern times meant that you were copying MW2. Medal of Honour was around long before the call of duty series.

Well aware of that, been playing both series since they started. My main point is why couldn't the MOH series have stayed WW2 and they could have branched out a side project to work on yet another modern day shooter. Sure there's been plenty of WW2 shooters so far but I can't hear anyone complaining. Besides, BIA Hell's Highway set a pretty high bar last year which I was dying to see MOH surpass...guess it won't happen now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

stop being so fanboyish peeps, the problem is Medal of Honor and Call of Duty originally were set in the more early-mid 1900 wars, which became a heavily heavily saturdated market, Battlefield, Hidden and Dangerous, CoD, MoH etc. etc. it seemed for a while that everyone aws making shooters based on WW2 for a while, with only the odd game like say Return to Castle Wolfenstein trying to do anything with the subject matter creatively.

Infinity Ward who of course have roots in the early MoH games, made a reasonably brave decision to move a succesful franchise based on a fictional take real world Historical events to a now entirely Fiction Modern Warfare series, and they have done so incredibly well.

This is where the problem is, it just looks like EA are trying to piggyback on bringing there franchise in the same direction, as they have done with there own Battlefield series.

Here's the crucial part for me though, EA have turned a huge corner in the last 2 years or so with Dead Space, Skate, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield (as above), all their yearly sports franchises have been renovated and are now the best in the business, Spore etc. etc. I think they are making great great games, so Medal of honor which does look suspect in terms of the reasoning behind bringing it forward to a modern era, is hihgly likely to be a fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Tis going to be based on real life event also :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

dazftw wrote: »
    Tis going to be based on real life event also :D

The guy with the beard is real too. Let's hope the story is better than that MW2 nonsense.

http://www.destructoid.com/medal-of-honor-s-bearded-warrior-is-real--156698.phtml

Advertisement