Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zencart Shipping Modules

Options
  • 18-12-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Does anyone have any zencart experience? I've set one up and so far mostly so good in terms of figuring it out, fairly heavily modifying it, etc. The one part that continues to mystify me, though, is the shipping.

Had the shipping all set up for my zencart installation, and then the store owners changed the way the were shipping (completely changed!). Now I'm pushed for time to make these changes, and I'm a bit stuck. Basically, I need to replicate the below tables - is it possible? I have no problem modifying code, installing add ons, or anything like that, I just can't figure out the best way to go about this.

I would really really appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks!

Tables

UK
    100g - 250g - 1kg
    Standard Post -- €2.70 - €3.50 - €7.50
    Registered Post - €7.05 - €7.85 - €11.85
    Courier Post --- €20.50 - €26.45 - €46.25

Rest of Europe - 100g - 250g - 1kg
    Standard Post - €2.70 - €3.50 - €7.50
    Registered Post - €7.05 - €7.85 - €11.85
    Courier Post EU - €28.00 - €32.50 - €59.45
    Courier Post Non EU - €23.14 - €26.86 - €49.13

Worldwide - 100g - 250g - 1kg
    Standard Post - €2.70 - €3.50 - €10.40
    Registered Post - €7.05 - €7.85 - €14.75
    Courier Post - €26.00 - €29.30 - €57.90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I know this is probably a dev question but you'll get more of a response on the design forum so I'm moving this there.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Cool, thanks. Never quite sure where to put things since the boards changed around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Hi, was going to start a new thread for my question but since you said you have zencart experience i thought i'd ask here. I'm trying to set-up zencart on my own laptop with Xampp but not having any luck getting it to run, do you have any tips for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

@Roryhy - what seems to be the problem? I've used both xampp and zencart so maybe could help given some more detail.

For anyone else searching for the same problem, I solved it by doing the following.

Cloning the Zones shipping module twice (to make a total of 3 zones shipping modules). Setting up module one as "standard post" and setting the 3 zones up for ireland, europe, and rest of world. Then setting up module 2 and 3 as registered and courier post respectively.

If anyone wants more detail on this, let me know.

Advertisement