Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Asia after college.

• 18-12-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am in my second final year of college and I am starting to think of where I want to go when I graduate. I met some people over the summer when I was in SE Asia and they were teachers in Japan and South Korea. I think it was the JET programme they were on but they were from Canada and parts of Europe so not sure. Anyway I have always wanted to live in Japan and one of these people was teaching English in Toyko for the past few years and having a brilliant time. Another guy I met just worked in a bar for a year. I am just starting to research it now as time will come around pretty fast where I will need to be applying and stuff. So, can anybody offer any advice or recommendations about the best places in Asia to go and work?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

hey, im planning to do the same.. i have applied for the jet but unfortunately the deadline has already passed it was 4th December. I would recommend looking at http://www.tigerenglish.com/ its English teaching in Korea.. I think i will apply for it if i dont get the Jet programme.

Also i have talked to a few people and they all say that you are best off to go over on your own without a company and look for a job yourself, but i think it might be a bit risky..

good luck

Advertisement