Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Team of the Year 2009 - Left Back [mod warning - POST #79]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

id love to know did any utd fans put bias aside and vote for cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Or that Liverpool fans put bias aside and voted for Evra :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

eagle eye wrote:
    I see the most of the United fans have voted, the Chelsea fans will be in tomorrow to make this very close imo
    redzerdrog wrote:
    id love to know did any utd fans put bias aside and vote for cole

Ashley Cole, supposedly streets ahead of Patrice Evra in every way possible (a laughable claim), cost his team two points against West Ham by giving away a penalty with a stupid, clumsy challenge.

The way some people on here have talked about him you'd swear he was the second coming of Maldini and Irwin rolled into one.

article-1237331-07AA944D000005DC-448_468x310.jpg

Not the first time he's used his tackle inappropriately is it. Ho-ho-ho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ashley Cole, supposedly streets ahead of Patrice Evra in every way possible.

The way some people on here have talked about him you'd swear he was the second coming of Maldini and Irwin rolled into one.

i picked evra but come on, maldini and irwin made mistakes too.

as has evra.

it's a bit ridculous to base someone's talent on the couple of mistakes they make.

a fair few utd fans have claimed evra is superior in the same ways.

are their claims as laughable?

cole and evra are very very close, whatever way you look at it.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i picked evra but come on, maldini and irwin made mistakes too.

as has evra.

it's a bit ridculous to base someone's talent on the couple of mistakes they make.

a fair few utd fans have claimed evra is superior in the same ways.

are their claims as laughable?

cole and evra are very very close, whatever way you look at it.

Yes I think would be equally laughable for United fans to try and suggest Evra is streets ahead of Cole. I would agree with you that they are very, very close.

I'm not trying to suggest Cole is a poor player after one game, just pointing out that he made a high-profile error in a big game that cost his team dear, and I can't recall off the top of my head Evra doing that this season. (Plenty of his mates to do that for him at the moment)

Some people dismissed Evra winning this poll in a really bitter and petty manner, justifying his victory on the grounds he was a United player. Sunday's game however showed the idea that Ashley Cole is the undisputed left-back king of the Premiership is a load of cobblers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yes I think would be equally laughable for United fans to try and suggest Evra is streets ahead of Cole. I would agree with you that they are very, very close.

I'm not trying to suggest Cole is a poor player after one game, just pointing out that he made a high-profile error in a big game that cost his team dear, and I can't recall off the top of my head Evra doing that this season. (Plenty of his mates to do that for him at the moment)

Some people dismissed Evra winning this poll in a really bitter and petty manner, justifying his victory on the grounds he was a United player. Sunday's game however showed the idea that Ashley Cole is the undisputed left-back king of the Premiership is a load of cobblers.
    Do you realise how stupid you sound in this post?

Cole gives away a penalty so that proves Evra is better?!?!! So when Evra gets sent off next he won't be a good player anymore. That is your logic.

Cole has been better in this calender year. Evra won because United fans won't vote for Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ashley Cole, supposedly streets ahead of Patrice Evra in every way possible (a laughable claim), cost his team two points against West Ham by giving away a penalty with a stupid, clumsy challenge.

You quoted me for some insane reason when you posted this. I picked Cole, I also said that its very close between them but I felt that over the year of 2009 that Cole shades it.
    I have always said that if Evra keeps up the standard that he is currently playing at and stays with United for another couple of years, he will overtake Irwin as the best left back ever in the Premier League.
    I still believe that Ashley Cole is having his best year ever and has outperformed Evra over the last 12 months.

Your post is childish and biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

SantryRed wrote: »
    Or that Liverpool fans put bias aside and voted for Evra :rolleyes:

stupid post tbh not as if insua was goin to win so there would be no reason for liverpool fans to be biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

redzerdrog wrote: »
    stupid post tbh not as if insua was goin to win so there would be no reason for liverpool fans to be biased

That'd be a first.

CHD wrote: »
    Do you realise how stupid you sound in this post?

Cole gives away a penalty so that proves Evra is better?!?!! So when Evra gets sent off next he won't be a good player anymore. That is your logic.

Cole has been better in this calender year. Evra won because United fans won't vote for Cole.

I pointed out that Cole made a big error in a big game and I couldn't recall Evra doing that this season. I don't see any stupidity in pointing this out when a few people had farcically claimed that it wasn't even close between the two and that Cole was streets ahead in every department.

I think you should just go count your sour grapes before they hatch tbh.
    eagle eye wrote:
    You quoted me for some insane reason when you posted this.

Your quote suggested you were jumping on the 'United player wins so it must be down to the United fans' bandwagon, which has also crept its way into the right-back thread. There was nothing childish or biased in what I wrote down.

Incidentally I see Patrice Evra was named in the FIFA/FIFPro World XI as best left-back.

That'll be down to the United fans then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If you think because Cole made one error that makes Evra a better player then you are a fool. All players make mistakes, Evra was poor for a few months at the start of 09 if I remember correctly.

Johner wrote: »
    If you think because Cole made one error that makes Evra a better player then you are a fool. All players make mistakes, Evra was poor for a few months at the start of 09 if I remember correctly.

I believe Evra is the better player at this moment in time. I also believe Sunday's error by Cole confirms that. I am not suggesting Cole is a crap player after one game, I am suggesting that his recent game is a microcosm of his season thus far, and in stark contrast to Evra's season which has been very good.

Hope that explained things. Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I believe Evra is the better player at this moment in time. I also believe Sunday's error by Cole confirms that. I am not suggesting Cole is a crap player after one game, I am suggesting that his recent game is a microcosm of his season thus far, and in stark contrast to Evra's season which has been very good.

Hope that explained things. Merry Christmas.

Every time I have seen Evra this season he has been brilliant, but A.Cole has been equally as brilliant for us, Cole is getting back to his best this season, he had a poor game on Sunday but he has seriously been superb this season, I'm not sure how many Chelsea games you watch but there is no way anyone can say Cole is having a bad season unless you just saw that game on Sunday. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

CHD wrote: »

Yeah, I see Chelsea fans all willing to vote for Evra...

Advertisement