Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball in Waterford

• 18-12-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi, does anybody play basketball in Waterford? Men basketball :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

i don't think so i've been looking on and off (mostly off) for the last year and couldn't find any sort of social league type thing. unless you're looking for a proper league thing then i suppose the waterford crystal team are there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Monday nights at 9pm in the Mercy School gym there's a game. It's a mixed game but mostly men. Nothing set in stone, just whoever shows up plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cdariuks

Monday nights at 9pm in the Mercy School gym there's a game. It's a mixed game but mostly men. Nothing set in stone, just whoever shows up plays.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately nobody was there this monday, but I was told thats only becouse of christmas. Will check on again next week

cdariuks wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately nobody was there this monday, but I was told thats only becouse of christmas. Will check on again next week

There's a game on the 28th, so next Monday at 8pm. We have 5 so far so would be glad of the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

i'll start coming along the following week. I'm away next week

• Advertisement

Apparently the Monday game is invite only. Nothing sinister about that, they just don't want any eejits showing up, taking the game too seriously and ruining it for everyone else. I've invited you so you're grand.

I'll see ye there tomorrow night anyway, my name's Jonathan if you're looking for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Any room for one more?

Only (potential) problem is I haven't played in many years!

Wouldn't mind giving it another lash though, I'm sure I remember enough from PE to bounce it and fire it towards the backboard :)

Looking for a bit of non-boring exercise really.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kmagic

Hi guys. Does anyone know if this game is still going on? Or of any social basketball in around waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is there a basketball fourm on boards?a mate of mine tracked down a game of Tag American football through the NFL fourm so if you ask over there someone might be able to help you out if you have no joy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

if a fun social game of basketball gets going id be very interested, havent played since i was in the WIT social mondays, but would love to get a regular game going!!

• Advertisement

Do you think we'd get numbers to start up a regular game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Saw this on the main page. There's a basketball forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=888

There's a few ongoing games with pretty good turnouts, but nothing I can see down in Waterford :(

cdariuks, going by that username I'm guessing there's a chance you might be Lithuanian? :)

The Monday game is still going strong. Most weeks there's enough to have three teams of 6 and we play 5 mins a game before rotating. My advice would be to show up and ask for Kevin. He has a text list that he sends out texts to when looking for numbers.

There is also sometimes a game on in the WIT on Wednesdays which would be of a higher caliber. It's only starting up though so have no info on that yet. I'll try and get more details tonight.

Keep the details coming!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pduigee

I would be very interested myself if something started up on a monday or wednesday too. if anybody knows anything it would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's some social basketball on every Wednesday in the Kingfisher afaik.

kensutz wrote: »
    There's some social basketball on every Wednesday in the Kingfisher afaik.

any idea of times or how you might go about asking someone to play??? thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not entirely sure tbh. It's been a couple of months since I was down there but I noticed a sign saying there was a social game every Wednesday. Give them a ring at reception they should have an idea.

kensutz wrote: »
    Not entirely sure tbh. It's been a couple of months since I was down there but I noticed a sign saying there was a social game every Wednesday. Give them a ring at reception they should have an idea.

will do thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigformat

Hi ,
    Polish guys play every sunday 6pm on Crystal hall . Don't worry They speak english well.
    Contact to Greg:0879738068

• Advertisement
Advertisement