Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portsmouth v Liverpool Match Thread 12:45

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

If that's the case Paul Scholes deserves to be dead and buried at this stage, no football fan wishes a serious injury on any player.

Has anyone ever beeen seriously injured by a Paul Scholes challange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

didn't think it was a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fuhrer wrote: »

Was Ben Haim seriously injured there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Des wrote: »
    didn't think it was a red.
    Its always a red away from home, and a yellow at home.

Was it really that bad? I dont think so. He went for the ball and missed, we see it week in week out. Yellow card would have been enough.

Another poor decision by a ref imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Was Ben Haim seriously injured there?

just Mascherano, Ben Haim should be banned for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

was anyone seriously injured by Masch :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Was it really that bad? I dont think so. He went for the ball and missed, we see it week in week out. Yellow card would have been enough.

Another poor decision by a ref imo.
    It was that bad, and it could have been a crap load worse.

Red was justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If that's the case Paul Scholes deserves to be dead and buried at this stage

Jesus Christ, between this and the "passing of Paul Scholes" in the United thread, its not looking good for Scholesy with all these omens of his imminent death! Poor bugger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

It was never a red not even sure a yellow either. The 4th offical played a big part in that decision i think, he will now miss 3 games which is a big blow to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Great to see the ref consult with the 4th official I think it was a red just about if that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Horrendous challenge, absolutely horrendous.

Mascherano has been getting away with those sort of tackles for far too long now, it was only a matter of time before a Ref clamped down on it.

Well done Lee Mason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has anyone from Mascherano?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

SantryRed wrote: »
    If Mascherano has no problem having the potential to cause serious injury then I think it's just that he gets injured.

with respect thats not the same as saying you hope he's badly injured.

Hoping for injury to any player takes rivalry a step too far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The card is debatable. Arguably the result is too. I can see us getting a draw. But we look nowhere near getting a win... A loss today, and I'll begin to think Rafa has 'jumped the shark'... Having said that, I never see much point to changing managers mid-season unless you're in relegation zone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

People are going WAY over the top. How can he get a red when he didn't even make contact ? I'll have to see the reply again but I fail to see how it was a straight red.

I am getting a bit sick of Masch pretending to be injured when he makes a bad tackle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hoki wrote: »

yeah, Masch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Vanbis wrote: »
    It was never a red not even sure a yellow either. The 4th offical played a big part in that decision i think, he will now miss 3 games which is a big blow to Liverpool.

You've got to be kidding me? He didn't even get near the ball. He just crunched Ben Haim.

He'll miss 4 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

mayordenis wrote: »
    just Mascherano, Ben Haim should be banned for life.

Why banned for life lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

That wasnt the question, was it?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mascherano has been getting away with those sort of tackles for far too long now, it was only a matter of time before a Ref clamped down on it.

Well done Lee Mason.

absolute ****, mascherano is a very fair tackler, generally not dangerous at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Well done Lee Mason.

Are you serious? I believe a certain Lee Catermole at your club has also been getting away with " these sort of tackles"

IIRC, he's been sent off already, so he's suspended for 4 games not 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He'll miss 4 because he's already been sent of this season.

How does it work if you're injured? Being banned for 4 games doesn't really matter if you're injured for 5, does the ban only apply when fit?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Why banned for life lol

it was a joke...

god almighty.

Well done Lee Mason.

Just watched it again now. It just wasnt that bad simple as that.

Are you serious? I believe a certain Lee Catermole at your club has also been getting away with " these sort of tackles"

Has he? Any evidence of these challenges he's been getting away with at Sunderland then mate?

Tusky wrote: »
    People are going WAY over the top. How can he get a red when he didn't even make contact ? I'll have to see the reply again but I fail to see how it was a straight red.

I am getting a bit sick of Masch pretending to be injured when he makes a bad tackle though.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me? He didn't even get near the ball. He just crunched Ben Haim.

How do you crunch a player without making contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It was a bad tackle, no ifs and buts about it.

Some refs may have given a yellow for it, but all that matters is today's ref. He gave a red and to be fair it was bad enough to stray into red card territory.

How does it work if you're injured? Being banned for 4 games doesn't really matter if you're injured for 5, does the ban only apply when fit?

Nope, doesnt matter if youre fit or not. He'll miss the next 4 games regardless.

Has he? Any evidence of these challenges he's been getting away with at Sunderland then mate?

show me these other dangerous or should I say fabricated bull**** dangerous mascherano tackles, because it's ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

'these sort of tackles'...

he's generally an awesome tackler, fair and aggressive.

i don't remember the last time he went 'over the top' and tried to hurt somebody.

differentiate between the two please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

it was a joke...

god almighty.

Should have used a smiley;);););););););););););););)

No, sure who decides when your fit? Rafe would just declare Masch fit for the next 4 games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stekelly wrote: »

It's in the eye of the beholder..............

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I wonder if Masch is hurt. He does playact when he thinks a card is on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Everything else in the Liverpool performance in the first half must have been great if the red card is the only issue.

The listless performances, the lack of leadership, and lack of a goal threat must be in my imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Stekelly wrote: »

Em he clearly did make contact!

Have Sky Plus so have watched it several times, Mascherano goes completely over the top, luckily goes through Ben Haim's legs, but Masch does catch his foot. It was completely wreckless and Ben Haim is very luck that Mascherano's foot went through his legs.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Should have used a smiley;);););););););););););)

The Big Book of Online Muppetery, there could only be one author, eh?

;);)

• Advertisement

Prufrock wrote: »
    I wonder if Masch is hurt. He does playact when he thinks a card is on the way.

That's very true and very very annoying, however it looks legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

it was a joke...

god almighty.

hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I can't believe the pool fans here don't realise that half the posters are just trolling and your playing right into they're hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ben Haim still knows how to push a player's buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That's very true and very very annoying, however it looks legit.
    Ya it's an annoying part of the game all players do this unfortunately i'd imagine it can't be to serious ben Haim didn't touch him so can't see it being much if anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He'll miss 4 games cause he's already been sent off this season.

card happy ref now ****ing great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No change for Liverpool at half time. Bit surprised really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fcuk off Kuyt!!

Ya it's an annoying part of the game all players do this unfortunately i'd imagine it can't be to serious ben Haim didn't touch him so can't see it being much if anything

you missed his knee then I think he could be totally ****ed his knee goes the wrong way under ben haim :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement