Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Advantage

Options
  • 18-12-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

How's the most effective way to drive home a weight advantage in the pack?

My "must beat" opponent in the league probably has better players than me in most respects, certainly CSR-wise he's a good season ahead of me in terms of development, but I've noticed a few things...

1. His maximum pack weight is lower than my actual pack weight.
    2. His props seem to be weaker than mine.
    3. His props are all timid/rebellious.

So... this has given me some hope. But how would I drive home this advantage? Is upping my drive percentage the only way to bring this point home?
    Judging by CSR I reckon he's got a very tasty hooker compared to mine, so that may well be an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Is your hooker bad or is his just good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

My hooker is pretty good, but judging by the CSR I reckon his hooker is a fair bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well if weight is something that effects my game it must be "pick and go" and the scrum!

My team is going through a necessary slump b4 the glory at the moment :cool:
    My forwards compensate for their lack of skill with their weight! My pack this weekend was 940+kgs and the best part of my game was indeed the pick and go and the scrums!

Driving was also one of my teams plus points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Effluo wrote: »
    Well if weight is something that effects my game it must be "pick and go" and the scrum!

My team is going through a necessary slump b4 the glory at the moment :cool:
    My forwards compensate for their lack of skill with their weight! My pack this weekend was 940+kgs and the best part of my game was indeed the pick and go and the scrums!

Driving was also one of my teams plus points...

Well I'd imagine driving would be the main plus for weight, though of course I'm open to correction, but a high tech/strong player should be best at the aul pick n go game, more so than a heavy one I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

And I suppose if your very confident in a big weight advantage you could increase tacticle kicking, so even if you knock on you could still put them under pressure in the scrum

• Advertisement
Advertisement