Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs go on the sesh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently Keano organised a 'golf trip' for 16 of them.

Don't see many fairways in Coppers, or anything fair for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Xavi6 wrote: »

Tiger Woods may disagree with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

This is a classic story!!

It will be intersting to see how 'Arry reacts!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8420933.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently Keano organised a 'golf trip' for 16 of them.

whoa whoa, i realise it was a joke but my potential future wife was there just last week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Everyone is giving it loads that Keane will get all the blame - you'd swear he had dragged the other 15 to Dublin.

Funny Keane's best ever international form has coincided with some poor league form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Crouchy was in Coppers with Keane, thats all I heard.

Hah! God I wish I had been there for that. How many robot dances do you reckon he was asked to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

robbie keane said crouch had good touch for a big man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

a friend of mine was there that night and said they were all pricks apart from crouch and krankjar(sp?) who were both really down to earth and a good craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mink_man wrote: »
    robbie keane said crouch had good touch for a big man...

And Crouch said "she doesn't sweat too much for a fat bird" on numerous occasions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jesus you'd think if you were bringing a couple of your mates over to your home city you'd bring them anywhere but coppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Jesus you'd think if you were bringing a couple of your mates over to your home city you'd bring them anywhere but coppers.

Maybe they just wanted to go somewhere where most people were too f***ed up to notice they were there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Keane apparently collected £2k from each of the 15 others.
    £30k to organise a piss-up for one night for 15 lads starting from London and you end up in Copper Face Jacks.
    Tragic.
    Just tragic.

Kenteach wrote: »
    Maybe they just wanted to go somewhere where most people were too f***ed up to notice they were there!!

Yes and also because it's mostly filled with GAA loving bog brained Murphy's who wouldn't have a clue who they are.

You'd wonder where it all went alright, maybe there were first class flights? Golf club fees?

TBH though I can only think of strip joints!

Keane apparently collected £2k from each of the 15 others.
    £30k to organise a piss-up for one night for 15 lads starting from London and you end up in Copper Face Jacks.
    Tragic.
    Just tragic.

You can take the boy out of Tallaght but never take the Tallaght out of the boy.

You can take the boy out of Tallaght but never take the Tallaght out of the boy.

Ah to be fair that seems a bit harsh..

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/its-time-to-say--thank-you-robbie-keane-1937601.html

"
    And, in 11 years as a senior international, Keane has hardly missed a game, unless hopelessly sick or injured. Other players like him. When Kerr's Ireland played two end-of-season friendlies against Nigeria and Jamaica in London in the summer of '04, the squad were startled to find that their hotel 'extras' had all been paid.
    It was only on investigating that they discovered Keane had signed the cheque."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Probably explains why Mick McCarthy picked a 2nd 11 for the Man U game. He was hoping Rooney and co would do the same

noodler wrote: »
    You'd wonder where it all went alright, maybe there were first class flights? Golf club fees?

TBH though I can only think of strip joints!

Green fees are cheap as chips at the moment especially mid-week in December.

Flights may have cost a bit but even assuming a generous grand for flights, you're still looking at a sizeable wad of spending money.

Ah to be fair that seems a bit harsh..

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/its-time-to-say--thank-you-robbie-keane-1937601.html

"
    And, in 11 years as a senior international, Keane has hardly missed a game, unless hopelessly sick or injured. Other players like him. When Kerr's Ireland played two end-of-season friendlies against Nigeria and Jamaica in London in the summer of '04, the squad were startled to find that their hotel 'extras' had all been paid.
    It was only on investigating that they discovered Keane had signed the cheque."

Relax it was a joke. :pac:

• Advertisement

Relax it was a joke. :pac:

I dunno!

I am thinking he only thieves from the rich!

I dunno!

I am thinking he only thieves from the rich!

I wouldn't be surprised if the spare change leftover from the lads' trip to Dublin was sent to his ma's house to sort out his cousins with a few tracksuits for Christmas. Something to go with the 50 Coventry jerseys he sent over a few years back. :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

A few of them were in Gibney's in malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Phil Babb and Craig Bellamy would have enjoyed this golf trip -

Robbie Keane must be on the way to a record number of clubs in a career - if he could have settled into one, he could have maybe fulfilled the potential to being a great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thebaz wrote: »
    Robbie Keane must be on the way to a record number of clubs in a career - if he could have settled into one, he could have maybe fulfilled the potential to being a great

? besides his brief trip to liverpool for 6 months, he's been at spurs the best part of 7 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The only christmas party to make the papers, no wonder 'arry is pissed.

Did they really go to coppers or was it just a stop on a long night of boozing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

they started out in gibneys in malahide a mate of mine pals around with robbies wifes brother and they went out wit them ......supposed to be great craic.. crouch doin the robot on the dance floor.. Aaron lennon was gettin sick in gibneys before they even left for town!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keane is a gonna I reckon 'arry will not like being embarrassed in public by his captain, esp as the next game was a loss.

browner85 wrote: »
    they started out in gibneys in malahide a mate of mine pals around with robbies wifes brother and they went out wit them ......supposed to be great craic.. crouch doin the robot on the dance floor.. Aaron lennon was gettin sick in gibneys before they even left for town!!!

Always looked a bit lightweight to me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They didn't actually do anything though did they? Aside from going against the coaches wishes i mean. Could probably have been kept in house really, unless 'Arry uses it as his excuse to get rid of Keane while still somewhat keeping the fans onside..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Ever since King got arrested outside a night club Harry has had a no alcohol policy at Spurs.

He's bound to be pissed off that the club captain disobeyed him and lied to him.

That said Harry's been a bit silly, nobody plays golf in the middle of december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My friend ended up drinking with them in coppers. Thought this would've been out earlier if anything, or else not at all.

Advertisement