Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

nachoman wrote: »
    meh, ever since I played Oblivion or fallout 3, i don't want any other games.
    HAven't played Oblivion but yeah, Fallout 3 is pretty much my benchmark for immersion now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Click here and all your questions shall be answered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143102&page=2

Brilliant game BTW, even if it does get a little unbalanced by the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a little unbalanced? :)

i made the mistake of rushing through the story mode the first time around, so I left it a few months and then got the GOTY edition with all the DLC so I could start all over again properly but now I'm completely levelled up without even half the locations visited and it's just boring. Not even deathclaws are a challenge, I dig it out every now and again just to do a small bit of exploring but all the excitement is gone out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Point Lookout is toughish. Also have you ramped up the difficulty level to max?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Struggling through the first act of Broken Steel as we speak.

I swear to god, if it crawqls (framerate) like this in Las Vegas I won't bother.

If they are using the same engline again they had better sort this out.

Took me an age to get past a load of enclave soldiers and to the cpu terminal only for the game to freeze when I tried to leave thorugh the door to the wasteland.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »

I swear to god, if it crawqls (framerate) like this in Las Vegas I won't bother.

Took me an age to get past a load of enclave soldiers and to the cpu terminal only for the game to freeze when I tried to leave thorugh the door to the wasteland.

Although it's still prob my favourite game of all time, the freezing problems really do take away from this game. They are so persistent. I never got to play Operation Anchorage yet. If seized up on the way there, i left it a while and tried again and had the same problems, even fast jumping wasn't helping, and i never bothered trying again a 3rd time.

The only game with severe technical problems, prob nearly the worst of any game?!

Although it's still prob my favourite game of all time, the freezing problems really do take away from this game. They are so persistent. I never got to play Operation Anchorage yet. If seized up on the way there, i left it a while and tried again and had the same problems, even fast jumping wasn't helping, and i never bothered trying again a 3rd time.

The only game with severe technical problems(modern era), prob nearly the worst of any game?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

silvine wrote: »
    Point Lookout is toughish. Also have you ramped up the difficulty level to max?

i hadn't actually, never even occured to me.. seem to be fighting alot more albino radscorpions since I did.. hate those bastards.

and you're right, even before i rampedup difficulty point lookout was a challenge... those rednecks were immune to bullets

+1 On the Albino Scorpions.

Tough mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

There's a couple of hardcore mods that are worth while. Make the endgame much harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

awesome game, totally immersive. Liam Neeson as your auld fella, what more could you hope for?

my character became an unstoppable machine of death after a while, so many brilliant weapons, like the MIRV for example..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nevore wrote: »
    There's a couple of hardcore mods that are worth while. Make the endgame much harder.
    Most of the ones i've played have made the entire game harder. Playing with Marts Monster Mod, as well as quite a few others (none of which i can remember the names of right now), and its a bitch when you leave Vault 101. Anything and everything can kill you, and almost everything runs around in packs.

Definitely adds to the game though. Modders really have the done some amazing work on both this and Oblivion, turning them into almost different experiences.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dont forget the modded patch that stops the game from fcuking crashing!

I have a 5000 weight mod, green worlds, WMK Weapons, everything unlocked :P, 2048x2048 texture mod (default texture res is 512x512 btw, game looks completely awesome with mega ulta high graphics :P)

Honestly, if every stray shot from a Raider could kill me I don't think I would make any progress.

Artificially making a 50+hour game harder seems pointless to me personally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Honestly, if every stray shot from a Raider could kill me I don't think I would make any progress.

the challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

the challenge?

Not everyone plays the game to be challenged to the extent that throwing the keyboard across the room becomes a regular occurrence.

Thats the good things about mods though. You like them, they are free. You dont like them, they are free :P

Not everyone plays the game to be challenged to the extent that throwing the keyboard across the room becomes a regular occurrence.

Well don't install the mods then! Jeez :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

That was one of the things that really annoyed me with Stalker, the fact that the AI could throw a grenade up your bum from 50 miles away, behind a mountain. Still though, there are some great mods out there and the freedom to chose which ones you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Misterpphead

I got made redundant for the first time ever in dec 09.....bought Fallout 3 ....a whole new life opened up before me, i found myself wandering the wastes in this strange world for months looking around (in the hope of some poon-tang).....i thought there'd be more of that sort of thing in those desperate times, oh well :rolleyes:
    Class game, in my top 3 anyway! Its got very crashy now that iv added all the extra released missions & pretty much done everything there is to do. It'll freeze after about 25 mins guaranteed now, or if theres any action kicking off at all really :confused: , does that sound about right for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got made redundant for the first time ever in dec 09.....bought Fallout 3 ....a whole new life opened up before me, i found myself wandering the wastes in this strange world for months looking around (in the hope of some poon-tang).....i thought there'd be more of that sort of thing in those desperate times, oh well :rolleyes:

Dublin is quite the wasteland, more chance of poon-tang in game...theres a hooker in the bar in Megaton ;) sorted !

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dublin is quite the wasteland, more chance of poon-tang in game...theres a hooker in the bar in Megaton ;) sorted !

Ha quite right.....160 bottlecaps to watch her lay down & sleep wasnt all i had hoped for, i hope 'New Vegas' comes up with the goods...... now, where did i put GTAIV to scatch those sexy-murderous itches ive been getting :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Dont forget the modded patch that stops the game from fcuking crashing!

I have a 5000 weight mod, green worlds, WMK Weapons, everything unlocked :P, 2048x2048 texture mod (default texture res is 512x512 btw, game looks completely awesome with mega ulta high graphics :P)
    Are they all for the PC version yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are they all for the PC version yeah?

dont get mods on console you get DLC :D

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Class game, in my top 3 anyway! Its got very crashy now that iv added all the extra released missions & pretty much done everything there is to do. It'll freeze after about 25 mins guaranteed now, or if theres any action kicking off at all really :confused: , does that sound about right for everyone else?
    My suggestion is to download and install the newest/most stable graphics drivers available for your graphics card. That is, if you are indeed playing on PC. Usually sorts those kind of symptoms out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I'm just starting to plough into Fallout 3 after it lying idle on the shelf for ages myself. Enjoying it so far though I wish there were a few less hostile interactions - it seems like a massive desert full of tin cans and stuff that wants me dead at the mo (I'm not a huge fan/very good at FPS/Completely realtime combat). I reckon I've barely scratched the surface though - the only ting stopping me wandering everywhere is my own desire not to get my ass attacked constantly by monsters - I'd like to meet some more neutral/friendly characters who aren't just asking me to go elsewhere and get my ass kicked for them :D.
    It is very immersive like Oblivion though, but thankfully without the horrid level scaling that made me drop that game entirely :( and I only have a 360 so can't mod the scaling out.
    My only major gripe is that a bit of humour wouldn't go amiss, and my god, does EVERYTHING in Fallout 3 have to be brown :pac: I know it's a nuclear wasteland but I'd kill to see some colours by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

does EVERYTHING in Fallout 3 have to be brown :pac: I know it's a nuclear wasteland but I'd kill to see some colours by now!

Hold on a bit longer. Not everywhere is bleak.

Monotype wrote: »
    Hold on a bit longer. Not everywhere is bleak.
    Assuming you can find it...

My suggestion is to download and install the newest/most stable graphics drivers available for your graphics card. That is, if you are indeed playing on PC. Usually sorts those kind of symptoms out for me.

Im playing on PS3 im afraid, i prob should have mentioned that. I think my PS3's life is coming to an end tho in fairness, it is starting to sound like it has 'the black lung' with the noises its starting to make........i just hope if it does pop its cloggs it does it during shop hours so i can nip down to game stop and buy anoth.........god iv no life, when did that happen :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Kiith wrote: »
    Assuming you can find it...

Ah now I'm intrigued, think I heard 3-dog talk about this. I am really enjoying the game but any hints on how not to suck at the combat would help. I wanted to go for more of a brainiac/charismatic character, talk my way out of fights etc but it doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped, mostly brown enemies come out of the brown desert to kick my brown ass a lot lol.
    Also seem to get bollock all exp for killing enemies.

Does the DLC alter the rest of the game significantly, or should I wait till I'm nearly finished to bother adding it?

Advertisement