Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone For Games #29,596,234,234

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, PC version is very good. If you have a semi-powerful PC, playing SSFIV in 1080p and 8x AA / 16x AF makes it a very beautiful game compared to the console versions. There was a sale on last week on Origin to get it for €10 so unfortunately, you've missed it but alternatively, you can get the disc version off Amazon.co.uk for €18 (incl. Euro conversion + shipping) or better yet, there is a guy on eBay selling it for €13. I've noticed that the seller name on both Amazon and eBay is the same so I think the reason why its so much more on Amazon is because of the higher shipping costs for some reason.

Competition wise though, it should be noted that its been said on SRK that the console versions have a higher level of competition. Still though, in my own opinion, there are some great SSFIV PC players. I've come across a great Vega, a Chun Li and E. Ryu so they're not all bad.

If you do get the PC version, make sure to turn off Vsync in the options. Vsync, although takes away the screen tearing issues, causes controller lag so I leave it off and just live with the tearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You already have the best version, don't bother with the pc version its a joke.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

PC version has less players playing it and the competition isn't as strong as on the consoles.

Its a decent port bar the input lag with v-sync on.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Hey lads. I recently got SSFIV AE for PC so anyone for games this evening? Like 10-11 PM? My Gamertag: LeprekaunTM

Hi dude,

I'm not as active with SF as I would like, but I play on PC if you fancy some games sometime.

GT is same as my username, will add you if I don't see an invite from ya when I get home.

Should be on tonight.

Cheers.

Cool. I'll be on later tonight then (around 9-10 PM)

• Advertisement

Cool. I'll be on later tonight then (around 9-10 PM)

Ya just missed me so, was on a little earlier.

Will try be on tonight at 9, catch you then!

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Ya just missed me so, was on a little earlier.

Will try be on tonight at 9, catch you then!

Sorry man, I was doing some HDTV lag testing in Currys today and wasn't back until late. I'll definitely be on for a while tomorrow, bit earlier in the afternoon though (6-7 PM). Hopefully, my connection will be fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sorry man, I was doing some HDTV lag testing in Currys today

Sorry, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Go to Curry's. Do air tatsus. Buy telly.

Sorry man, I was doing some HDTV lag testing in Currys today and wasn't back until late. I'll definitely be on for a while tomorrow, bit earlier in the afternoon though (6-7 PM). Hopefully, my connection will be fast enough.

Might not make it on tonight but will see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Went to B&Q afterwards to check out the lag on their toilets.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Went to B&Q afterwards to check out the lag on their toilets.

Measured in ms........milisquirts

Off out tonight, but should be on tomorrow early evening. Will message you whenever I get online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gkcarroll on PSN, if anyone feels like kicking me about the screen on SSFIV: AE later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    gkcarroll on PSN, if anyone feels like kicking me about the screen on SSFIV: AE later tonight.

I can log on for a while, will add you

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

animaX wrote: »
    I can log on for a while, will add you

Hi Terry. I'm on PSN as Diabloscontez. Add me. Would love a few games. Post here when your on.

BanjoB wrote: »
    Hi Terry. I'm on PSN as Diabloscontez. Add me. Would love a few games. Post here when your on.

Cool! I can log on at anytime today - now or after lunch (2pm onwards)

ggs to Mr.Saturn last night - I hope I didn't come across as an a** in my messages, I was trying to be helpful and constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Cool! I can log on at anytime today - now or after lunch (2pm onwards)

ggs to Mr.Saturn last night - I hope I didn't come across as an a** in my messages, I was trying to be helpful and constructive.

Far from it, vggs. Thanks again.

Online now

Online now

Won't be on myself till 2moro unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I'll only really be online at weekends

Good games last night! Will have to do that again sometime soon

Good games last night! Will have to do that again sometime soon

Yeah great games as always man. If your on next Sunday let me know :)

Advertisement