Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ip conflict

• 18-12-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

im just wondering if anyone can help me. we have a 4mb breeze connection from irish broadband and when i try use my ps3 and laptop at the same time im getting an ip conflict and the laptop usually loses connection, if i then repair the connection on the laptop the ps3 disconnects. i used to use a router but that kept loosing signal all the time. i recently got these.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/XEB1004.aspx

any idea on how i can get the ps3 and laptop to work at the same time. i never had this problem when we were using eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You still need to use a router. If the modem does not have a router, then reconnect the old router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Broadband forum, since Breeze is broadband.

As said, you need a router, otherwise only one device can connect at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

dcx122 wrote: »
    im just wondering if anyone can help me. we have a 4mb breeze connection from irish broadband and when i try use my ps3 and laptop at the same time im getting an ip conflict and the laptop usually loses connection, if i then repair the connection on the laptop the ps3 disconnects. i used to use a router but that kept loosing signal all the time. i recently got these.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/XEB1004.aspx

any idea on how i can get the ps3 and laptop to work at the same time. i never had this problem when we were using eircom.

Do you get assigned a puplic IP on your laptop by Irish Broadband? or is it private? I assume you are getting a public from IBB and it's getting assigned to both PS3 and the laptop.

Advertisement