If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers

Options
  • 18-12-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was reading on another thread about the offers on the Monitor Audio RS6 floorstanders. Just wondering if there is any possibility of getting them in black? I think the deal was only available on the Walnut and Rosewood colors, but maybe a new stock might be due in. I'm looking to upgrade my BR5's that I got from yourselves last year.

I'm also looking for a cheap pair of bookshelfs. I've seen the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's going for £99 (reduced from £199) on the net, and was wondering if Richer Sounds are doing the same offer?

If there are any other deals on floorstanders or bookshelfs I'll take them into consideration too. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Hi,

I was reading on another thread about the offers on the Monitor Audio RS6 floorstanders. Just wondering if there is any possibility of getting them in black? I think the deal was only available on the Walnut and Rosewood colors, but maybe a new stock might be due in. I'm looking to upgrade my BR5's that I got from yourselves last year.

I'm also looking for a cheap pair of bookshelfs. I've seen the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's going for £99 (reduced from £199) on the net, and was wondering if Richer Sounds are doing the same offer?

If there are any other deals on floorstanders or bookshelfs I'll take them into consideration too. Cheers guys.

Ollie,

thanks a million for the post & the opportunity to quote,

The RS6 - it's just what we have left I'm afraid but they really are superb speakers for the money we also have RS8's available but again none in black.
    (Natural Oak/Rosewood / Cherry)

On the bookshelf front.. I have my last pair of Monitor Audio RS1 that I would do at £149.95 to clear - they are Natural Oak - ex-display and at that money - I don't think that you will find a finer pair of speakers in Ireland.

Drop me a line if you are interested and again thanks for the post.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Hi John,

Thanks for the quotes. I'll take the RS1's in Oak off you and the RS6's in Walnut if they're still still available. The RS1's gets great reviews:).

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Thanks for the quotes. I'll take the RS1's in Oak off you and the RS6's in Walnut if they're still still available. The RS1's gets great reviews:).

Ollie,

Thanks for the order - much appreciated!

Those RS1's are this week's bargain at £149.95 - the only RS6 I have in walnut are in open box but are boxed perfect as new and I would do them at £369.95 / €389.99.

Keep me posted and we can get them all out to you together for one shipping charge if you like??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ollie,

Thanks for the order - much appreciated!

Those RS1's are this week's bargain at £149.95 - the only RS6 I have in walnut are in open box but are boxed perfect as new and I would do them at £369.95 / €389.99.

Keep me posted and we can get them all out to you together for one shipping charge if you like??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Thanks a million. I'm definitely taking the RS6's - and probably the RS1's too (they're for someone else and must show them a few pics first). If I won't be taking the RS1's I'll post back here before the weekend is over to give someone else the opportunity to buy them.

I'll give you a call on Monday morning with my credit card details. Can't wait to hear the RS6's - they get great reviews. :)

Thanks again,

Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

John,

Thanks a million. I'm definitely taking the RS6's - and probably the RS1's too (they're for someone else and must show them a few pics first). If I won't be taking the RS1's I'll post back here before the weekend is over to give someone else the opportunity to buy them.

I'll give you a call on Monday morning with my credit card details. Can't wait to hear the RS6's - they get great reviews. :)

Thanks again,

Ollie

John

If Olie decides against the RS1s, I'd be interested if you think they'd work well with my Denon 1910 / Q 1010i 5.i setup as discussed in another thread

Vinnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

Ollie

Just a few points on the RS6's (have both 6 & 8's).

They will require a good bit of running in before they sound the best. Easily a hundred hours or so. You may find them a bit bright until then.

Also, be wary of placing them to close to the back wall, it can exaggerate the bass to no end.

But, be ready to be wowed!

Love to hear back when you get them. Any queries, give me a shout.

John,

I've decided to take the RS1's (sorry Vinniemac). So just to confirm the order - RS6's (Walnut) @ €389.99 and RS1's (Oak) @ £149.95 + delivery. I'll pm my name and address for convenience and phone you tomorrow morning with my credit card details.

Thanks a lot,

Ollie

bog master wrote: »
    Ollie

Just a few points on the RS6's (have both 6 & 8's).

They will require a good bit of running in before they sound the best. Easily a hundred hours or so. You may find them a bit bright until then.

Also, be wary of placing them to close to the back wall, it can exaggerate the bass to no end.

But, be ready to be wowed!

Love to hear back when you get them. Any queries, give me a shout.

Cheers Bog master. I've heard this about the RS6's too - apparently good amp matching is a must too. I'll be using the Nad C352 with them and I've read it's a very good match. I'll be using a Denon 1509 for movies so hopefully this will pair well too. Really looking forward to hearing these - heard great things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

I've decided to take the RS1's (sorry Vinniemac). .

Not to worry Olllie....I resurrected a (very) old pair of B&W DM100s that I'd retired a few years ago and I'm really impressed with how they work with the Denon........and you never know what the sales might bring :-)

Just a quick note to say I'm delighted with my speakers. I phoned Kenny on Monday morning and the speakers arrived in my door 10am the next day. Brilliant service!! Can't believe how good the little RS1's sound - they are quite simply brilliant. The RS6's are living up to their great reviews and I absolutely love them. Cheers John for a great service yet again. I'll continue to recommend Richer Sounds to anyone that'll listen. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.