Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Beeping -

Options
  • 18-12-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I am living in a rented house and we never use our alarm so nobody knows the code.The alarm is now contstantly beeping saying that the battery is low.Neeless to say this is driving us crazy and none of us have a clue how to make it stop.Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Change the battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

press clear
    not sure if panel beeps on low battery.check all smoke detectors and replace these batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alarmhell

How do you change the battery? We have no idea how to work this?

battery is sealed in control panel maybe beside fuseboard or sometimes in hot press.contact alarm company to do this ..its not the easiest panel to replace battery.are you sure its the alarm beeping and not the smoke detector.

you could also contact landlord and get him to sort problem............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

alarmhell wrote: »
    How do you change the battery? We have no idea how to work this?

Is there a model number on the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

alarmhell wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am living in a rented house and we never use our alarm so nobody knows the code.The alarm is now contstantly beeping saying that the battery is low.Neeless to say this is driving us crazy and none of us have a clue how to make it stop.Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi alarmhell,

From what you have said you have two choices,
    1. Power the panel down altogether.
    2. Get an alarm company to reprogram the alarm, change the battery and code to something you know.

You say it is a rented house so your landlord should get it repaired if it is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dec1982

Hi Guys

need some help with the above system, I have the system in engineer mode, cos I had to change the battery, battery is now changed but the keypad wont exit engineer mode, it is showing fault 74 relay cards, any help on how to exit this would be appreciated

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer mode press clear 11.
    If it says Zone followed by a dash then everything is fine. Press Clear 99 to exit engineer.
    If not please post what displays.

Advertisement