Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggest Mobile Phone Insurance for my iPhone

• 18-12-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭

HI all

I upgraded to Iphone today on O2 network from the Carphone Warehouse. What phone insurance cover would you recommend. I had Phonecover with O2 on my old policy. In the Carphone Warehouse store I was offered "Lifeline" phone insurance which costs €13 p.m. but covers everything. Phone cover with o2 is €9 for phone cover extra whcih covers all with a question mark over the moisture damage claim (some cases are accepted and some are not).
    Thougths will be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you put it under your house insurance, should work out a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I've only ever heard nightmares about trying to get money off Carphone Whorehouse insurance, there's a few threads about it on boards, do a search. The O2 iphone forums have some people with terrible problems with them too.

You could get it added to your house/your parents house insurance for a small fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Can you put it under your house insurance, should work out a lot cheaper.

I put my HTC HD2 phone on my house insurance and it only cost me 5 euros but I do have to pay the first 125 euros of any claim I make. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Will it cover loss out/damage out side of the house of how does it work. I did find phone ineurance form this crowd. Not sure what they are like.

http://www.phonesonline.ie/mobile_phone_insurance.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Will it cover loss out/damage out side of the house of how does it work. I did find phone ineurance form this crowd. Not sure what they are like.

Mine does but I'm not sure about if I lost it would it be covered but it would be covered if it was stolen. So if my phone happens to go missing while I'm out it was obviously stolen :D

The best thing to do is ring up your house insurance provider and ask them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

If you read the T+Cs of phonesonline.ie it says they'll only give you a handset worth up to 375, even if the value limit of your cover is higher. Theft is also the first exclusion even though in the section on what it covers in the non-small-print it says theft! Looks like a complete scam to me :eek: Or maybe I'm missing something :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I am thinking of making a complaint about that phonesonline.ie insurance deal.

It was falling into line with what I was looking for until I read the T&C in detail. I mind my phones very well and with the exception of thieft I have never lost or damaged a phone. To have the T&C completly rubbish the policy claims is bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hi OP, I've moved your thread here (Apple Media Devices) where you'll probably get better responses from others with the iPhone. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

don't mean to hi-jack the thread but im in the same boat at the minute.

anyone know the process of putting the iphone under the house insurance?
    is it covered if the phone is broken or stolen then outside of the house?

cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Put it on house insurence. When i put mine on it. I asked all the question i could think of. It's covered for loss, theft(even if not on you) plus abroad etc.

Im with fbd. Think it cost about €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

It's covered for loss, theft(even if not on you) plus abroad etc.

Im with fbd. Think it cost about €40

thats very good. might just do that too, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I didn't bother with insurance. I keep the phone in a pocket for itself. No coins keys or wallet allowed in that pocket! Workin well, not a scratch on it and going a bomb!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

nulabert wrote: »
    I didn't bother with insurance. I keep the phone in a pocket for itself. No coins keys or wallet allowed in that pocket! Workin well, not a scratch on it and going a bomb!!

Yeh but what if you lose it. I lost a phone 2 months into a contract before, and your just screwd. Horrible feeling. Plus this is a €609 phone. For me I just could not take that risk.
    But I would struggle to pay CP or O2 insurance. Its a rip and the lost/stolen policy is a very iffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

I am moving to asia in November. Does anyone know of a good insurance company that will cover my iphone 4 abroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Signed up for 3Cover today from three : http://three.ie/3cover/

covers practically everything for 8.99 PM including airtime abuse, and 3 months free to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

fonemenders were advertising an insurance for €6 so I'm going to look into that one, for those of you putting it on your house insurance - after paying the excess and loosing your no claim bonus it might not be worth your while claiming.. I've learnt this the hard way and after loosing TWO phones to water damage over the years I def need decent insurance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Sorry to highjack the thread, but if your iPhone was bought sim free, what options are out there? Would be looking to cover the following:

- General repair
    - Water damage
    - Theft / Loss

cyberspi wrote: »
    fonemenders were advertising an insurance for €6 so I'm going to look into that one, for those of you putting it on your house insurance - after paying the excess and loosing your no claim bonus it might not be worth your while claiming.. I've learnt this the hard way and after loosing TWO phones to water damage over the years I def need decent insurance..

Where did you see the fonemenders insurance?
    I cant seem to find it on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Anyone insure their new iPhone 4 lately?? I'm with Vodafone and really dont want to insure my phone for €10 a month.

What other options do I have - if any?

• Advertisement

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone insure their new iPhone 4 lately?? I'm with Vodafone and really dont want to insure my phone for €10 a month.

What other options do I have - if any?

I went with these guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

igor420 wrote: »

Why is there premium plan, which covers €750 and covers everything a lot cheaper than iPhone 4 plan which only costs €699 and the only difference is extended warranty which is pointless when accidental damage etc... is already covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

fonemenders is available instore only..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

cyberspi wrote: »
    fonemenders is available instore only..

At what price?? any what cover plan?

This is my next task once i get my number ported from o2 to three...

This is my next task once i get my number ported from o2 to three...

It's worth it for the peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭CFC007

Signed up in store today for three's insurance. Free till November then 9 pm after

Kevin! wrote: »
    Signed up for 3Cover today from three : http://three.ie/3cover/

covers practically everything for 8.99 PM including airtime abuse, and 3 months free to start with.

Hey Kevin, how did you sign up? Via my 3 or in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hey Kevin, how did you sign up? Via my 3 or in store?

If you have already purchased the iPhone, you will have to bring it into the store within the first month (you will also have to bring the accessory's as they have to confirm that everything is in working order, the box as well if possible)

You can also buy it at the point of purchase on both online and in store ;]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Has anybody had any experiences with the 3 insurance? If it's anything like as bad as O2or CPW's one, it is nowhere near worth it.

Advertisement