Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damon Runyon

Options
  • 18-12-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Help please! My dad has finally given in and told me what he would like for Christmas (apart from the usual jumpers, shirts, ties etc!) and he's a fairly recent Damon Runyon fan.

He has On Broadway and I would dearly love to get him at least one if not more books for Christmas.

However, I have rang Hodges Figgis, Hughes & Hughes and Waterstones and none have any of his work in store. There is a waiting time of 2 weeks to order.

Whilst I can do this and pay for the books now, I would so love to have them to give to him at Christmas (along with the jumpers, shirt and tie I have already bought!).

I would be so humbly grateful for any advice...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

You don't really have much hope of getting it on time. But have a look in Chapters. You might just turn something up. (Look in the second hand section also)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Hi Denerick

Much appreciation for your reply and giving me a steer! Somone also mentioned to Murder Ink to me. I will check out both tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Help please! My dad has finally given in and told me what he would like for Christmas (apart from the usual jumpers, shirts, ties etc!) and he's a fairly recent Damon Runyon fan.

He has On Broadway and I would dearly love to get him at least one if not more books for Christmas.

However, I have rang Hodges Figgis, Hughes & Hughes and Waterstones and none have any of his work in store. There is a waiting time of 2 weeks to order.

Whilst I can do this and pay for the books now, I would so love to have them to give to him at Christmas (along with the jumpers, shirt and tie I have already bought!).

I would be so humbly grateful for any advice...

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=bookall&searchstring=Damon+Runyon&page=search&pa=search

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=Damon+Runyon

Both do free delivery! You must order today for Christmas delivery

Advertisement