Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost o2 Modem, English Modem Work?

• 18-12-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, I lost my o2 3G modem last week, and was wondering instead of paying o2 €200 for a new one, would an English o2 3G modem work with the sim (got a replacement sim)?
    Otherwise, does anyone know where I could pick up an Irish one? I've tried adverts.ie and ebay, but theres nothing..
    Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Shouldn't think so - they're usually not interchangable like that.
    You don't happen to have an O2 or unlocked phone with wifi by any chance ? You could use Joikuspot

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ould.crock

pjjk wrote: »
    Hi, I lost my o2 3G modem last week, and was wondering instead of paying o2 €200 for a new one, would an English o2 3G modem work with the sim (got a replacement sim)?
    Otherwise, does anyone know where I could pick up an Irish one? I've tried adverts.ie and ebay, but theres nothing..
    Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

This would work

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

Buy an O2 prepay modem, they start from 49, your replacement sim will then woek in it

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,247 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can unlock any modem, o2, Voda, 3, Meteor etc to work with any sim here for about €15, just put in the irish ipn and your irish sim onces it's unlocked. http://www.dc-unlocker.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I has a spare modem if your are interested OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement