Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp Town Tonight

Options
  • 18-12-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened in Tipp Town Tonight, I see there are two streets closed off and a van cordened off at the traffic lights coming up bridge street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Ok just found out soneone in their 50s was stabbed to death on the street, Something got to do with a feud in the southeast.

Just got this info from RTE News

Investigation launched after Tipperary murder
    Friday, 18 December 2009 20:54

Gardaí in Tipperary Town have launched a murder investigation following an assault in the town this evening.

The victim is believed to be from the Tipperary town area and was in his late 50s.

It is understood he was assaulted, receiving a number of stab wounds, while in his vehicle shortly after 6pm this evening.
    Advertisement

Sources say he tried to flee from his attacker or attackers but crashed his vehicle on Bridge Street where he was pronounced dead sometime afterwards.

Gardaí have launched a full scale murder investigation, but so far there have been no arrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have seen the place cops all over the van was pulled up just before the traffic lights,

old boy wrote: »
    i have seen the place cops all over the van was pulled up just before the traffic lights,

Thats right, that street was blocked and Kickham street was taped off also the carpark across from Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

More bad press for Tipp Town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sorry, but Tipperary town is a dump - it's very run down and mean looking. It has enough bad press as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Im from waterford and am hearing it has connections to the traveller feud here , 5 have bein arrested 2 earlier in waterford and another 3 in afternoon , this is surely goin to get worse before it gets better , a serious incident happened in waterford last week in which another member of traveller community was attacked with weapons , this may be rataliation , whatever it is it has taken a massive escalation in which a life has bein lost now like we all feared would happen.
    http://www.wlrfm.com/tabId/503/itemId/3453/Waterford-feud-could-return-after-Tipperary-death.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

This story is likley to get worse.

Apparently an innocent victim and had nothing got to do with the feud in Waterford......

Magnum wrote: »
    Apparently an innocent victim and had nothing got to do with the feud in Waterford......

No but an attack in waterford last week ended up in another member of travelling family bein flown to cork hospital after bein attacked by 4 men with weapons , he was also father of family so maybe if this is connected this poor man was used to get to other people , just my view from what iv heard . whatever it is its sad and looks to only get worse now.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sorry, but Tipperary town is a dump - it's very run down and mean looking. It has enough bad press as it is.
    I am living there at the moment and totally agree.

The best thing about it is the road out of it.

Towards Limerick.

Via Limerick Junction..

That is all.

• Advertisement

Can Admin close this up please,
    this thread was about "what happened in Tipp Town"
    Not if Tipp was a dump or not, if you want to discuss Tipp Town start your own thread

Lock it up, Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

im deeply saddened to hear this

I Dont agree in shuting this thread down just because of 1 or 2 bad replies about tipp town ,i dont agree with those 2 comments but as was said its about the incident and any further incidents which may happen , maybe change thread name so its not just about tipp town .

Back to the original point of thread , i did not hear much more about feud but iv heard some threats have bein made to travellers here in waterford how true that is i do noty know, Lets hope it will all quieten down , but i cant see it unfortunately.:(

Advertisement