If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TX-P42G15 - Can someone help me???

Options
  • 18-12-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My mother-in-law has her heart set on this unit, don't ask me why, but she won't budge on make/model.. and wants it before chrimbo!!!

Can someone in Richersounds let me know if they can help me out, via collection in their Belfast store, or otherwise?

Also; is the UHF/VHF thing (which I don't fully understand) a big deal? Can someone explain it? Also, she has aspirations of using it's (apparently) built-in freesat with a self-install dish. Is this possible in ROI?

Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone can offer!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

consultech wrote: »
    Hi all,

My mother-in-law has her heart set on this unit, don't ask me why, but she won't budge on make/model.. and wants it before chrimbo!!!

Can someone in Richersounds let me know if they can help me out, via collection in their Belfast store, or otherwise?

Also; is the UHF/VHF thing (which I don't fully understand) a big deal? Can someone explain it? Also, she has aspirations of using it's (apparently) built-in freesat with a self-install dish. Is this possible in ROI?

Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone can offer!

Consul (and his mum in law..)

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Panasonic XP42G15 is available from our main warehouse in Manchester @ £799.95 however I won't have one in before Christmas ( it would be in for the 24th but we are not open on Xmas Eve (getting ready for the sale ;);) which starts on the 26th) so MIL would not be able to collect until just after Christmas.

The lack of VHF is not a significant issue as long as you are using a set top box of some sort ( IE Sky/ NTL) then there is no real issue - and the Freesat work a treat in the ROI - B & Q are actually doing a Dish & LNB & STB kit for under £50 which is a doddle to install (even I managed it for a mate last week..)

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.