Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best cinema/avatar?!!

Options
  • 19-12-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

not sure where to post this so i thought id try here :o

i want to go see avatar but i heard somethin on the tv today about some cinema in dublin that is really good to see it in because the 3d is better than normal? does anyone know if i heard this right or wrong? and if so what cinema it is they're talking about?

i was going to just go see it in the local cinema in 3D but if theres a cinema in dub that would make it better id go there!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

not sure where to post this so i thought id try here :o

i want to go see avatar but i heard somethin on the tv today about some cinema in dublin that is really good to see it in because the 3d is better than normal? does anyone know if i heard this right or wrong? and if so what cinema it is they're talking about?

i was going to just go see it in the local cinema in 3D but if theres a cinema in dub that would make it better id go there!!

Moved to Dublin Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I saw it in Cineworld on Parnell street. The 3D was amazing. Never seen anything quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

I saw it in Cineworld on Parnell street. The 3D was amazing. Never seen anything quite like it.

do you think that was just because the movie in 3D is amazing, or do you think seein it in that cinema made it particularly good?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would think that any cinema that is showing it in 3D must have the requisite equipment, so after that it would be down to screen size, sound system etc? See here.

[ I also saw it in Cineworld. A great experience. Never saw so many credits!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I saw it in 3d in liffey valley. Amazing. As stated above, pretty sure anywhere showing it in 3d must have the same technology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Do you need 3d glasses or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

glasses are provided in cinemas.

Do you need 3d glasses or how does it work?

Yup. New type of hard plastic glasses....not those red/green lens things from years ago.

do you think that was just because the movie in 3D is amazing, or do you think seein it in that cinema made it particularly good?

I really can't say if there is a difference between the different cinemas as I only seen the movie in Cineworld. All I can say is that I didn't find any problems with the cinema itself. It's quite modern, and seems to fitted with all the latest tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just home from the movie. Went to see it in the Savoy 1, which is my favourite cinema anyway. Would recommend it for comfort, size and a great screen. Movie is excellent as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

rednik wrote: »
    Just home from the movie. Went to see it in the Savoy 1, which is my favourite cinema anyway. Would recommend it for comfort, size and a great screen. Movie is excellent as well.

And Screen 1 is slightly bigger than Cineworld's 17 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Would I need to book for CineWorld? Thinking of going to see Avatar with a few friends tonight. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say it would be a good idea to book.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement