Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea where I can find a local JP?

Options
  • 19-12-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Need some documents signed - any idea where I can find a local Justice of the peace or commissioner of oaths?

Believe the Garda don't do this anymore and the solicitors will always charge for it

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Far as I can remember there is a commissioner for oaths in Wicklow town. Can't remember the name but Google will point you in the right direction. There should be some in Bray or DunLaoghaire as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

There is one in Bray. Somewhere around the library. I found the name and address doing a simple google search. Not sure if charges were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Jones Magee in Bray - opposite the library. Used them a few times recently, very reasonable fees too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Sean Brady of Brady's hardware, Greystones is a Peace Commissioner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Cheers lads, have been looking for same for my self also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The Garda station will give you a list of peace commissioners in greystones

Caroline Burrell and David Grant in Bray are all PCs

Don't pay - most of them sign things for free

Bizarrely enough there is a list from 1973 here and I know a good few of them are still alive

http://historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/D/0271/D.0271.197403260045.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you're just looking to get a passport or other ID notarised, the Guards will do this for you if you ask them nicely.

Advertisement