Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA BALLYMUN

• 19-12-2009 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Do IKEA deliver to Waterford ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

IKEA 'in house' delivery service (3rd party, not ikea themselves) charge a flat €125 to del to Waterford city/county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Probably be cheaper to rent a van and drive up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

Cheers for the info but they can go and shaaaag off for their 125 euros.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

get it local then so ,what do they have that local places dont ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

anplaya wrote: »
    The floorspace of every furniture place in Waterford would only add up to that of the cafe in IKEA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

AdMMM wrote: »
    The floorspace of every furniture place in Waterford would only add up to that of the cafe in IKEA!

but its not the coffees theyre interested in,its furniture.im sure they wont have to travel that far.whatever happened to supporting your local economy?never mind dublin based business' ,especially international ones based in dublin .im sure waterford based businness' will have whatever theyre looking for .especially in times like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

but its not the coffees theyre interested in,its furniture.im sure they wont have to travel that far.whatever happened to supporting your local economy?never mind dublin based business' ,especially international ones based in dublin .im sure waterford based businness' will have whatever theyre looking for .especially in times like this?

no problem with supporting the local economy
    however, if you are getting a good bit of furniture & you are saving a few €100 then sorry - I'd rather have it in my pocket ...

I know you have the hassle of assembling most of the stuff but if you're not stuck for time it's a nice saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

shops around town dont always have what you need. I went looking for a decent computer desk a while back and couldnt find anything here so just ordered of amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

1157476098_d20fb812de_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

deiseman21 wrote: »
    Do IKEA deliver to Waterford ?

we used this crowd a few weeks back http://www.dealhunter.ie/ very reliable and helpful. would highly recommend him.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Your hardly promoting them are you BIGVANMAN ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ha ha your username is bigvanman and you are suggesting a company that deals in big vans? I'm on the mobile site so i'm going to guess you dont have 10,000 posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bigvanman

Ziedth. wrote: »
    ha ha your username is bigvanman and you are suggesting a company that deals in big vans? I'm on the mobile site so i'm going to guess you dont have 10,000 posts :)

Is it a requirement ziedth I take it with the name ur Irish considering this is boards.ie not boards.pl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

No, it's not a requirement to have 10,000 posts, but it is courtesy to declare your interest in a company
    you recommend - if you have one. I'd say that you do, registered today, post count = 3, all on this thread.

Why do you think that using a delivery company that accepts paypal is a benefit?

No, it's not a requirement to have 10,000 posts, but it is courtesy to declare your interest in a company
    you recommend - if you have one. I'd say that you do, registered today, post count = 3, all on this thread.

Why do you think that using a delivery company that accepts paypal is a benefit?

Well would you hand over €1000 to some stranger without any security Brian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

What security does paypal offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its just a common courtesy to be honest if you have an interest in the company Bigvanman, tend to get a bad reaction if you come on advertising/recommending, without acknowledging it

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

@bigvanman, you have been asked to declare what your connection is with this company, I am giving you the oppurnity to do so. If you continue not to answer, I will have no option to delete your 4 posts and issue a you with a ban, for breaking the rules of boards.ie with regards to advertising and spammings ones own business.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    @bigvanman, you have been asked to declare what your connection is with this company, I am giving you the oppurnity to do so. If you continue not to answer, I will have no option to delete your 4 posts and issue a you with a ban, for breaking the rules of boards.ie with regards to advertising and spammings ones own business.

ok ok ok yes i have an interest in the company suppose this is goodbye:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Bigvanman wrote: »
    ok ok ok yes i have an interest in the company suppose this is goodbye:(
    wow, an honest spammer?! Thats a first!

BTW paypal doesnt give any additional security for services, only physical goods so your point is kind of redundant anyway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nolanger wrote: »

Off topic, but I actually find that article very offensive, reindeer is every bit as traditional in most of Scandinavia as ham/turkey is here. If it's offensive then it won't sell, simple. But if they are stocking it, then there is a market for the stuff. These animals are not kept indoors or even in fields, they are herded, mostly the traditional way by the Sámi people. I know as I have seen it first hand.

On topic. OP if you do rent a van or people carrier, just make sure the you note the dimensions and that the box will fit. I have seen all sorts of weird tactics used to get furniture home (out the sunroof, tied to the roof with no roofrack etc. etc. )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dyflin wrote: »
    Off topic, but I actually find that article very offensive, reindeer is every bit as traditional in most of Scandinavia as ham/turkey is here. If it's offensive then it won't sell, simple. But if they are stocking it, then there is a market for the stuff. These animals are not kept indoors or even in fields, they are herded, mostly the traditional way by the Sámi people. I know as I have seen it first hand.

I honestly don't see why IKEA should have been under fire for selling reindeer meet,

people sometimes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Cabaal wrote: »
    I honestly don't see why IKEA should have been under fire for selling reindeer meet,

people sometimes :rolleyes:

2 words - Tree Huggers :rolleyes:

speaking of spamming i just had an idea for a quick few bucks. Say you were a user with allot of posts say mike65 seeing as he posts here. Wouldn't it be handy if you sold your good name to shill a company, i mean noone would bat an eye if he went from forum to forum plugging various companies. Anyway, at least you were honest bigvanman.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

speaking of spamming i just had an idea for a quick few bucks. Say you were a user with allot of posts say mike65 seeing as he posts here. Wouldn't it be handy if you sold your good name to shill a company, i mean noone would bat an eye if he went from forum to forum plugging various companies. Anyway, at least you were honest bigvanman.

You'd be caught within a week or two, depends how you did it though
    But you'd be eventually caught out

we'll see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Cabaal wrote: »

The very people complaining probably eat dead cows and dead chickens regularly. What they don't understand frightens them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

we'll see :)

You don't have enough posts Ziedth :D

Advertisement