Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trap guns

Options
  • 19-12-2009 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm new to clay shooting and am looking for a gun, not sure what type clays I'll concentrate on as I've access to nearly all disiplines locally.
    Have been thinking about getting a gun with an adjustable stock and multi choked, this way it would cover me for most types of clay shooting.
    Between this week and the new year I'm going to look at a few different makes to see what suit best, any suggestions on a suitable gun?

What u guys think of the following gun Marochi M03 trap?

All suggestions very much welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

never used one . how much are you spending and what disciplines do you want to shoot.

ps welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

Would prob be shooting skeet and DTL possibly ABT as well, looking to spend in and around 2k, would stretch for the right gun.

30" multi 425 or 682 .mk38 with teagues will give you a light barrel

if your tall and strong build a 32"

i shot good scores in olympic skeet,O trap, DTL ,ABT,DT, sporting with a 32" gun with brileys ,but im 6 1" well built.

i would look at a good second hand gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

you won't go wrong with a 682 if it fits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jonty wrote: »
    you won't go wrong with a 682 if it fits.

+ 1 on the 682. Using it for over a year now with excellent results.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Have been looking at a 682 very nice gun indeed, in 2 minds what to get!
    Was looking at a Browning Ultra XS there today also, s/h but in good condition and very good price, any opinons on this gun?

Have been looking at a 682 very nice gun indeed, in 2 minds what to get!
    Was looking at a Browning Ultra XS there today also, s/h but in good condition and very good price, any opinons on this gun?

i shot a 95 in sporting to win the coffey cup 49x50 in the nargc all ireland to win high gun among others.
    also a fair few 100s in DTL with a Ultra XS 425 sporting.

i shot a 682 gold trap for a few years mostly on ABT and some DTL shot a few 99s in ABT won the irish close and made the team with it back when we were 32 country.harder to make it back then,299 was the best i could manage with it on DTL as it was a fast gun .

your style of shooting will dictate the gun if your slow deliberate shot the browning would be a better gun than the 682.

but if you can change your style of shooting to suite the target go for the best deal.
    look at philp murphy shooting his MK38 and winning medals at world cups with it.

just make sure it fits .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

What I would suggest is go to the range and try a few different makes and if at all possible get a few rounds in with a coach once you have decided what you like. I shoot a Miroku and found I preferred it better to some of the Brownings and Beretta's. Its all down to how comfortable the gun feels when you mount it and shoot.
    What I will advise you though if you do get an adjustable stock, is that when you find you are shooting well and comfortable throw away the allen key. You will have off days and the behind the shoulder coaches will tell you raise and lower the comb.

homerhop wrote: »
    What I would suggest is go to the range and try a few different makes and if at all possible get a few rounds in with a coach once you have decided what you like. I shoot a Miroku and found I preferred it better to some of the Brownings and Beretta's. Its all down to how comfortable the gun feels when you mount it and shoot.
    What I will advise you though if you do get an adjustable stock, is that when you find you are shooting well and comfortable throw away the allen key. You will have off days and the behind the shoulder coaches will tell you raise and lower the comb.

done the same used grip fill . its set high for sporting but just ok for trap

its better to be a bit high than low

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, mind made up now going for the Browning Ultra XS.
    I'm gettting the gun in Northern Ireland, is there much involved in getting it across?

• Advertisement
Advertisement