Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Quake servers?

Options
  • 19-12-2009 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Just installed ezQuake and I'm wondering if there are still any Irish Quake (vanilla) servers going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm...Can't help you there but I know some people who can :)

If you have IRC join #nafianna (on QuakeNet) - couple of the lads in there should be able to point you in the right direction. Once you don't mind the word c*nt being thrown around an awful lot.

#qwrookie is another good site to join for new people. Not sure how many Irish will be about but there should be some who can help there with servers, configs, etc.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I presume you don't mean actual vanilla quake, since ezQuake is a QuakeWorld client and vanilla quake is terrible for net play.

There are a couple of Irish servers up, but they are unusable and, consequently, unused. However, in this golden internet age, you can play on most of europe's servers with no significant lag.

Modern quakeworld revolves heavily around competition modes, especially 4on4 and duel, but if you're new or extremely rusty I would recommend the free-for-all server at quake.xs4all.nl which is full of people for about 18 hours a day.

A full global list of servers can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RawShark

I've got one for you - quake.altfire.com

Details of the server are at http://www.altfire.com/main/html/quake.php

It's quiet, but runs 24/7. Get someone else to install ezQuake and join you. I also woudn't mind a game myself :)

Advertisement