Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for French essays

Options
  • 19-12-2009 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have a French test on Monday, and being my worst subject, I find it really hard to form essays. Any tips on how to do them and how to revise them?

BTW, we've to do one journal intime, and one other general essay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

learn phrases, theyll fill up the space, you dont actually have to write much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

im fluent so i cant help you. its just basic stuff to me. maby learn phrases. its only like a few words really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Can you give me some useful phrases you could use in a general journal intime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

There should be loads in your book...?

Healium wrote: »
    There should be loads in your book...?
    No, not really. Our teacher is brilliant, we dont really use the book and she sometimes gives us some good phrases but she more-so wants us to be able to create them ourselves but I'm not too good at French.
    She really dosent like the idea of us learning things off by heart (like sentences and things), but I am good when it comes to things like that.

• Advertisement

Well what book do you have?

Panache. I think that's how it's spelled.

Never heard of it. We use Bac Supérieur and Tout Va Bien, both filled with lots of sample phrases. I'd suggest looking into picking up a copy :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Bac Supérieur is very good for phrases. It's good for other sections of the exam as well. Well worth the investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

French comes naturally to me, but i always throw in a good all rounder phrase if im stuck. Idiomatic phrases wow the examiner and unfortunately at the end of the day, its all about pleasing the examiner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement