Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The real Michael is still with Ferrari

• 19-12-2009 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8420601.stm

Di Montezemolo's comments annoy me.

I'm not a Schumacher lover but I think he' brilliant but Di Montezemolo's comments deserve contempt. Schumacher does what he believes is best for himself like all drivers and to claim that is something Schumacher will want to blow out of the water. What do you think about his 'old friends' comments??

Sounds abit bitter to me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Its all how you interpret it I suppose, but for me it sounded like he was being quite nice, understanding and not at all bitter. Ferrari will have him back even if he does sign for Mercedes this year and until whenever, which will be a good thing all round.

Anyone who brings that much branding power to a team will be falling over themselves with offers from any interested teams. F1 is business first for manufacturer teams.

theres an old saying : entities dont have permanent friends or enemies, just temporary interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Have to disagree with the OP here. I think the point Luca was trying to make is that Michael will always have his place with Ferarri as their most successful driver but he understands that there is a desire- a machine within Michael's head that is not happy until its behind a formula 1 steering wheel. And Ferrari is not in a position to offer that drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

"A guy called Michael Schumacher told us at Monza (in September) he would renew his (Ferrari consultancy) contract," Di Montezemolo said. "And it looked like his career would finish with Ferrari.
    "But then there's another one who looks like him, 40, 41 yrs old, German, same name and decided to do a new career.
    "Everybody in life can do what they prefer, and I understand that there is somebody at 41 years who wants to try again.
    "So I think it's possible this twin, another Michael Schumacher, same age, same capability, some determination and spirit, will drive for Mercedes next year."

Maybe it was Ralf?!!:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

lord lucan wrote: »
    "A guy called Michael Schumacher told us at Monza (in September) he would renew his (Ferrari consultancy) contract," Di Montezemolo said. "And it looked like his career would finish with Ferrari.
    "But then there's another one who looks like him, 40, 41 yrs old, German, same name and decided to do a new career.
    "Everybody in life can do what they prefer, and I understand that there is somebody at 41 years who wants to try again.
    "So I think it's possible this twin, another Michael Schumacher, same age, same capability, some determination and spirit, will drive for Mercedes next year."

Maybe it was Ralf?!!:p:p

I read this too and I wondered if we are going to see any driver swap between ferrari and mercedes. Ferrari would kick themselves if they let MS go to MBenz and then have him dominate again.

I am very sure that MS's relentless commitment to train and win could give him another 5 years of F1 racing before moving to any other race category.

Advertisement