Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World and Premier League team of the decade

• 19-12-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭

Two teams, World and Premier League XIs for the last ten years with best manager.
    World

Buffon
    Cafu----Ayala----Maldini----Carlos
    Figo----Zidane----Xavi----Ronaldinho
    Henry----Ronaldo

Manager: Fabio Capello

Premier League

Martyn
    Finnan----Campbell----Terry----Cole
    C. Ronaldo----Keane----Viera----Giggs
    Henry----Drogba

Manager: Alex Ferguson

My Special Award
    Favourite Referee: Pierluigi Collina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Does anyone else get really bored with these threads :-(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Don't post Sarge if your not into it.

My problem is trying to not be biased in these I'll think it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sarge wrote: »
    Does anyone else get really bored with these threads :-(
    Well I think with just 13 days until the end of the decade its kind of surprising that this one wasn't up already in fairness. I won't be putting one like this up for another ten years.:)

I was just thinking there, if one of the mods is reading this, maybe you could change the thread title to World and you're favourite league team of the decade. So as to allow those who follow the Irish, Scottish and other leagues put a teams up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's the end of the decade, it's the one time it is acceptable to do these threads!

PL:

GK: Given. Was going to go for Cech as he's been the best keeper in the league this decade, closely followed by Lehmann for a spell of 18 months, but I'll give it to Shay who has been present and consistent every season for the last 10 years.
    RB: Neville. Not a huge fan but there isn't really any competition that I can think of. Finnan is a decent shout I guess but I'll stick with Neville.
    CB: Campbell. Went for him over Terry because while Terry has been consistent over a longer period, Campbell's best is higher. A man mountain at the heart of the Invincibles, England's best player at 2 or 3 international tournaments and their best CB that I've seen.
    CB: Ferdinand. Runner up to Campbell. Close to the complete defender for a long time. Not as natural a defender as Campbell but a superb footballer also.
    LB: Cole. Best LB in the league since long before most people recognised it.
    CM: Essien. Unbelievable box to box player and the natural heir to Vieira and Keane as the best all round midfield player in the world.
    CM: Vieira. Better than Keane in the five seasons they played this decade. Captain of the Invincibles which should count for something.
    AM: Gerrard. Truly exceptional talent producing for the whole decade.
    RM: Ronaldo. Along with Henry the best player the PL has seen.
    LM: Giggs. Truly exceptional talent whose best years were the other side of the decade but has continued to perform at a very high level.
    CF: Henry. See above.

Odd man out was Lampard, who was in my original selection. Had Essien, Vieira, Lampard and Gerrard to squeeze into three spots.

Advertisement