Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

owenc wrote: »
    yes but they are heavy so they should get down inland how much snow should i expect if i they come all night?from say 12am

wait and see, where would the fun be if you already knew how much would fall??:cool: I'd be very optimistic if I were in your location anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

currently most of Ireland south of Donegal is in slightly milder air, the cold air is now in Donegal and heading south. if you look at the UK met radar its showing a nice band coming into donegal/NI, which i would assume is now snow as its in the cold air?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

3-4 inches.

ok thx it would be nice to wake upto that because i havnt had snow since last year (lying) and i forget what it looks like!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

just looking at the bbc weather looks like snow will be mainly north and north west for tonight and tomorrow. doubt they will drift too far south. another bad snow day in the office!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

its very warm in limerick y ???:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

snaps wrote: »
    currently most of Ireland south of Donegal is in slightly milder air, the cold air is now in Donegal and heading south. if you look at the UK met radar its showing a nice band coming into donegal/NI, which i would assume is now snow as its in the cold air?
    How right u are ted ,its snowing here now ,but just very lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Had rain about half an hour ago in Navan, then it turned to sleet. All has stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Still nothing up here...
    Pangea wrote: »
    How right u are ted ,its snowing here now ,but just very lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Heavy hail shower here in d11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wind has suddenly sprung up here! Wasn't expecting that. Nothing else of interest apart from the light rain smashing against the window. 4.2c

• Advertisement

wind should start turning soon enough (Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

:)its still very warm in limerick does anybody now when its going to get cold >?

Cold front must be right over me. Pressure has just began to rise quite sharply! Rain a bit heavier now and very gusty winds. Quite wild out there at the moment in fact! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

heavy hail a while ago now turned to moderate rain
    2.7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

looks like they got it wrong here to in Bolton it was supposed to be -7 or worse and heavy snow,

but it is raining heavy and 2c

john 1994 wrote: »
    :)its still very warm in limerick does anybody now when its going to get cold >?

Temps should start falling for you over the next couple of hours John. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

according to RTE weather report, Dublin not going to get any snow over the next couple of days but the northwest, west and southwest is going to get plastered with it.

Does that tally? How come Dublin escapes this - I though the clouds were coming in over the country in an easterly direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

snaps wrote: »

If you use this radar you can see that the stuff coming through Donegal now has turned to snow although it looks sort of light and patchy. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Just had a burst of wet sleet in Maynooth. 4.1C, although I think my thermometer is reading a smidgen high.

clear sky here but drizzle overhead and I can make out the bank of cloud it's coming from over the hills.

The front looks pathetic.
    Hardly worth my while heading up the mountains for frozen slushy snow and a few flakes blowing in the wind.

3.3c here by the way DP is 2c
    Breezy

The lying cheating Davis also still has the snow symbol on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    If you use this radar you can see that the stuff coming through Donegal now has turned to snow although it looks sort of light and patchy. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The radar doesn't actually know if its snow or rain, it's just adjusting the colour to show what the precipitation should be based on the forecast for that area at that time.

according to RTE weather report, Dublin not going to get any snow over the next couple of days but the northwest, west and southwest is going to get plastered with it.

Does that tally? How come Dublin escapes this - I though the clouds were coming in over the country in an easterly direction...
    No dear.
    We've lost the Easterly from yesterday.
    It's not even writing to us now.

We're in a northwesterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Very stormy here up until about 20 mins ago here. Tempature has plummeted too, trying it's best to snow too!! Very, very light and small snow flakes, but it's trying.....

Temp beginning to fall sharply here now. Down to 3.8c. Still a bit breezy but rain shower has passed through.

woah wild small-hail shower temp dropped a bit - colder air making it through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

+2.5c here and drizzling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

rte weather forecast on tv there looked very promising for west and north!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

No dear.
    We've lost the Easterly from yesterday.
    It's not even writing to us now.

We're in a northwesterly.

Yes but the weather is moving in a south easterly direction no?

Anyway, nevermind, I'll defer to your obvious brilliance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

heavy hail in dublin 16, heading to wicklow now

• Advertisement

band of sleet on the way to dublin? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement