Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Starry night with some scattered cloud here in West Limerick.

Had a few rain showers (light) at dusk.

Not too cold at that time as the sun had a good chance to shine today.

Was encouraged by the Met Eireann forecast after the 6pm news on RTE 1. Hopefully I wasn't hearing just what I wanted to hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Lightly snowing in D11, kinda wet and not very heavy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

trogdor wrote: »
    Snowing :D

Cool :)

Enjoy it while its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

If only we were in the East Coast in America:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8422652.stm

20 inches and more to come :eek:

So am I right in assuming that it is highly unlikely that there will be any snow in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

lashin rain now here....oh if only that was snow ,we would have a nice coverin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

iws1_430.jpg

Were living in the wrong place...:rolleyes:

Indeed, here's the view from my window this morning :)

dsc00105xc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Well temps rose during the day here to melt any ice about the place, but this morning it was treacherous on the roads, especially in and around Tralee. Fair few accidents and crashes after it. Was a fair few showers of rain as well during the day, but no sneachta, and especially what i thought strange, there was no snow on Slieve Mish either (not sure about the reeks) Usually they get a good cap of snow in this cold type of weather

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hah the back of the front has just passed and we got about 5 minutes of light snow and im sad to say it but i think that is it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its game over for the east, unless there is any chance of an easterly over the next week or 2? Thankfully i never got my hopes up once, ive had too many dissapointments over the past few years to let it happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Hah the back of the front has just passed and we got about 5 minutes of light snow and im sad to say it but i think that is it!

wow all that hype just for that.......we really are easily pleased:p

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Light snow falling here in Leixlip and has been doing so for about 20 mins...long may it last...hopefully the a4 pages will start falling soon

its sleeting/snowing in Lucan now.
    Doubt it will stay long, its light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

it said on the weather forcast limerick would be minus 4 tonite outside its 6 degres and cloudy ???:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

john 1994 wrote: »
    it said on the weather forcast limerick would be minus 4 tonite outside its 6 degres and cloudy ???:mad::mad:

It will be -4c at around 6am

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just started to snow here. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

it seems like a major downgrade with temps here struggling to rise above 1c and drop below 0c:mad::mad::mad::mad: also the snow coming from scotland is taking ages and ages to come down here....... plus cloud is keeping temp up and down south the snow is so light theres no point in bothering yourself.......

Yes probably, unless any of those showers make it over;) There's a fair rash of them of the sea up North and one interesting thing to note is that they seem to be fairing quite well pushing into Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It not tonight yet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

It's snowing in sandyford! Nice thick stuff too, Hope it lasts more than 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

yea but its reli warm out side... is it spost to snow in limerick tonite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

yea but its reli warm out side... is it spost to snow in limerick tonite??

john I think its time for you to pull out the washing powder and start shaking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain turned to snow here now, pretty surprised, maybe we wil have a coating by morning afterall!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Temperature dropped 1c in the last fifteen minutes, more importantly, the dewpoints dropped 2c in the same fifteen minutes... Had a 20mph gust in that time too.

Currently 3.4c with a 2.1c dewpoint. Next precip will be sleet then snow. Bring it on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Temperature dropping rapidly, went from 3.5C to 2.5C in about 20 minutes.

If those showers that were visible earlier on the satellite image west of the Faroes push in over us with the cold air from the NW on a decent breeze, I would still be hopeful of waking to a white glare coming from outside my window tomorrow morning ;).

rain has arrived here
    Temp up to 3.9c dp up to 2.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

rain in Limerick as well, Raheen area

Moderate sno here last few minutes, not sticking, 2.6C/0.8C

Snow is finished here in Lucan. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

owenc wrote: »
    it seems like a major downgrade with temps here struggling to rise above 1c and drop below 0c:mad::mad::mad::mad: also the snow coming from scotland is taking ages and ages to come down here....... plus cloud is keeping temp up and down south the snow is so light theres no point in bothering yourself.......

Hi owen i see your on here aswell as netweather tonight has only begone chill out, how long yea been weather watching its going to be snowing bucket fills sone:D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement