Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Stop snowing here, didn't amount much. Looking at the radar there's more showers up in the north, how far south do you think they will go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Snowing in Derry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

K-9 wrote: »
    Was just stopping as I was posting, that was the first shower I think.

Would be nearly .5 cm here, hoping for a few more showers before bedtime. Hoping for a couple of inches to build the snowman tomorrow with the wee fella.

5cm wow its barely 1cm here but then when did your first snow come? mines came at 21:20 are you on a hill?for id say around 10cm before 12am could be possible for here. We could get alot of snow overnight out of this because of the amount of showers dont think weve ever had that amount of snow showers around ulster/ni in one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snowing here, Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

owenc wrote: »
    5cm wow its barely 1cm here but then when did your first snow come? mines came at 21:20 are you on a hill id say around 10cm before 12am could be possible here we could get alot of snow before the morning because of the amount of showers....

point 5 cm :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its snowing here finally, beautiful stuff.
    I hope those overnight showers make it this far inland.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Snowing here

What?!?I'm like 5 km away from there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

francosp wrote: »
    Can he not be banned from the forum ? Even a temporary one ?

He will be if he acts up any more, he is on his final warning.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    What?!?I'm like 5 km away from there!!

Just been out, big flakes, started about 5 mins ago. about 950 asl.

Dromtrasna to be precise.

All of you that have gotten or will get snow tonight, enjoy it. Have a wonderful evening.

• Advertisement

ch750536 wrote: »
    Just been out, big flakes, started about 5 mins ago. about 950 asl.

Is it sitting on the ground?Looked out here tiny sleet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

What temps u have atm ch750536.?
    It is 3.7/3.4dp here atm and falling (dropped over 1 c in last hour) outside Tralee

Is it sitting on the ground?Looked out here tiny sleet..

The flakes that have fallen are sticking & are very big, like I say only snowing for last 5 mins, not a major event yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

snowing in Abbeyfeale, snowing in Tipp but not in Limerick grrr there's not even cloudy I can see the stars shining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

francosp wrote: »
    <<
    Click on username and choose ignore

Dry
    1.8C
    Dp -1.4C

What temps u have atm ch750536.?
    It is 3.7/3.4dp here atm and falling (dropped over 1 c in last hour) outside Tralee

Wind changed from westerly all day to a ENE about an hour ago. Dodgy internal thermo outside on my window shows 0 (+/- 30c :) )

About as technical as I can get, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Hmm - currently in Castletroy, eastern Limerick City, it's cold but not yet freezing, only a few rain showers in the past while.

I wonder if it's wise to drive from Limerick to Sligo tomorrow (Sun) morning, 9-ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snowing now here in West Clare. Air temp is 0.5c. no other temp info, sorry. Light snow.

Looking at the latest GFS charts, they are indicating a higher risk of snow for east coast on tuesday. It shifts from west to east on that day. This will prob change in the meantime again knowing weather forecasts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Raining here as usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its attempting to snow here in North Tipp, a few flakes are falling now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Wolf, where in West Clare are you? Great to see the place getting some snow! Despite the location, I'm from the Ennistymon side myself. Travelling back for Christmas on Monday so hoping to see some white stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

:( It's not even looking like it's gonna snow here in Dublin.

Am on high ground but plenty of showers around
    99474.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Just had a look at the Uk met office rainfall radar under rainfall:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_radar.html

Looks like a bit more precip for monday/tues is forecasted, is this likely to be snow or have the east seen their last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

Originally Posted by francosp

Can we leave him alone? There hasn't been a peep out of him since he got that warning.

Anyway hoping for snow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

squonk wrote: »
    Wolf, where in West Clare are you? Great to see the place getting some snow! Despite the location, I'm from the Ennistymon side myself. Travelling back for Christmas on Monday so hoping to see some white stuff!

hi squonk. I am near The Hand. Other side of Mt Callan from you. Being the leeside of the mountain helps. Snow showers expected to continue Monday, die off somewhat on tuesday and return on Wednesday so hopefull you will be sledding your way down to eugene's for your xmas drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

owenc wrote: »
    5cm wow its barely 1cm here but then when did your first snow come? mines came at 21:20 are you on a hill?for id say around 10cm before 12am could be possible for here. We could get alot of snow overnight out of this because of the amount of showers dont think weve ever had that amount of snow showers around ulster/ni in one night?
    point 5 cm :pac:

This unfortunately.

Would have been about 9.15/9.30. Just after another shower there so hopeful for it to continue over night.

About 500 feet here but its a hilly area. (Height, not snow) !

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just been watching FOX news, makes me jealous!

Widespread falls of over a foot of snow all up the northeast:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

K-9 wrote: »
    This unfortunately.

Would have been about 9.15/9.30. Just after another shower there so hopeful for it to continue over night.

About 500 feet here but its a hilly area. (Height, not snow) !

lol the mountain behind me before this snow came had snow down to 300 feet but im about 120 feet up and i have the same amount as showers have stopped hopefully will come again all night and give us 15cm would love that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i wonder has gerry murphy been reading this forum of late:P
    as his forecast for the next couple of days is quite favourable- 5-10 cm of lieing snow between tonight and tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement