Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

still no snow in waterford

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its dry here at the moment, no sign of snow yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rain in cobh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

PFL wrote: »
    YES YES YES YES !!!! FINALLY

Snow has reached Sligo - wind picked up and is coming down at a nice pace here's hoping for a good flurry of activity. :D

just missed it, keep popping the head out the window every so often to see if any more falls

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

eskimocat wrote: »
    SO EXCITED!!!! white stuff has been seen falling from the sky here in the past 2 minutes!!!! gave one final look out the window when heading to bed, all fired up now again!!! there may be snow after all! It's a wonderful life :D

P.S the white stuff is microscopic snowflakes, no settling, could stop any second but don't care I am happy!!!

How can you even consider going to bed when it's going to snow? I'm going to be up all night I'd say, alternating looking out my front door with watching this thread!!

I FAWKING LOVES SNOW!!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Have to say the red blobs on raintoday are surprisingly accurate in this part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

One shower of snow in sligo so far. ground is white. isnt snow the peak of weatherdom! yay! would say another few showers before end of night n prob a small blanket by morning but a few inches in ulster

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

eireanbo wrote: »
    feeling very sad at minute here in longford...following all week an now not a flake in sight....

you living under a rock? it snowed for an hour on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Showers dying shortly after making land fall.

images.php?country=gb&sat=ir&1220913684609

is that the way it will be all night? or is there an active trough on the way later on?

it has cleared up here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

is that the way it will be all night? or is there an active trough on the way later on?

it has cleared up here now.

Heh. If only that low, would start moving down towards Scotland a bit more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Showers dying shortly after making land fall.

images.php?country=gb&sat=ir&1220913684609

per met eireann earlier its not till later in the night that the organised front of showers spread south so hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Latest radar. Plenty of showers going to spread south overnight. Just how far south is the question
    image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=2&sat=ir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

How can you even consider going to bed when it's going to snow? I'm going to be up all night I'd say, alternating looking out my front door with watching this thread!!

I FAWKING LOVES SNOW!!!
    :D

LOL, I was heading there in disappointment, but now will prob hang out for another while, then to bed, but up around 6.30am to check on cm's!!! will spend time productively designing snowmen!!! :D:D:D:D

(nothing falling since last post, but fingers (stapled) crossed that they were just a brief advertisement to say YES, there will be snow, near you soon!! Because when its gone, its gone!! x x Harvey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

very very mild sleet here again.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Latest radar. Plenty of showers going to spread south overnight. Just how far south is the question
    image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=2&sat=ir

i hope so. although i'm losing faith given the pattern over the last few days.
    however i will bow down in deference to you if you are right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Well I saw a first tonight - Snow falkes falling heavily in Bray Harbour ! yep never ever seen that....

& then the deck in the scout house froze over - always too mild for that in the harbour....

Absolute bitter with the wind down there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Great snow up Letterkenny direction. Big flakes and its lying too.Though I live up a mountain and we always get snow when the town dosent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Web_radar.gif

Going by radar return, looks like precipitation is picking up alot as front moves across Kerry. It will be interesting to see if it gets cold enough, because Dingle peninsula could get plastered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No more looking at charts for me :) , I gots the real thing ,snowing very heavy here now ,it snowed earlier and covered the place, then froze over it for an hour, and now its snowing like mad , oh yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Pangea wrote: »
    No more looking at charts for me :) , I gots the real thing ,snowing very heavy here now ,it snowed earlier and covered the place, then froze over it for an hour, and now its snowing like mad , oh yeah!

nice !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Had a light dusting there in Enniskillen, roads are a death trap do watch out!! Frozen over here, making for very trechous driving conditions.

That rain today radar is very accurate over Enniskillen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Web_radar.gif

Going by radar return, looks like precipitation is picking up alot as front moves across Kerry. It will be interesting to see if it gets cold enough, because Dingle peninsula could get plastered

Thats also almost right above me...But no snow :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

so guys do you think any of this snow could hit limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Great snow up Letterkenny direction. Big flakes and its lying too.Though I live up a mountain and we always get snow when the town dosent!

LOL, I am wondering if you are a relation of mine???

eskimocat wrote: »
    LOL, I am wondering if you are a relation of mine???

Dont think I know any one from Dromahair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Dont think I know any one from Dromahair!!
    Prob because you are just a local womanizer:pac:

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Prob because you are just a local womanizer:pac:

That name is out of date,I have been abroad;):p

the radio forecast at five to 12 mentioned the possibility of blizzard conditions later on today, as the wind strengthen and back north westerly, for some regions!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

No sign of any snow in Limerick so far :(

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »

congratrulations pangea. will you go out and make a snowman:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement