Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

baraca wrote: »
    At least your gettin snow! ;)

yes but still ni is rubbish the people are so stuck up and rude and stick there nose into everything also when it snow everything goes to england and everything is just better there!!:D:D not souther england too populated and dnt like cities.. also these showers all all 10 -20 minutes between each other and are so diffent in density its mad.... one minute heavy next light

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Weve had a nice covering overnight (Of snow) in mayo. currently -1c and clear. Notice the wind seems to be coming from NW/W at moment which is strange considering it is so cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

owenc wrote: »
    yes but still ni is rubbish the people are so stuck up and rude and stick there nose into everything also when it snow everything goes to england and everything is just better there!!:D:D not souther england too populated and dnt like cities.. also these showers all all 10 -20 minutes between each other and are so diffent in density its mad.... one minute heavy next light

You can't have everything you get rude people and snow, We get nice people and rain! lol, I really have to go to bed can't believe it's half 6 but it's too bloody cold and my electric blanket is on the blink. Typical :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

showers arnt very heavy but its something just snowed now will wait 10 minutes for another light snow shower if this goes on all day itll be good WITHOUT rising above 0c that is, is it expected to get above 0c?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Indoor thermo outside (relocated to under picnic table) says -8 (+/- 30c)

Very very slight splattering of snow.

Completely still & clear skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Any predictions for today, tonight and the coming of days for the east and Dublin folks? Have we seen the last of our chances for this spell or are we stil in with a shot?

From my reading of the GFS charts it looks like its going to be freezing but little potential for precip?

As regards the weather here, EIDW airport reporting -2/DP-2 @ 0630Z (that's been steady overnight) and there's a lovely thick layer of frost on just about everything outside in North Co Dublin. No precip whatsoever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Morning! just been outside to see a glorious white blanket:D YIPEEEEE:D:D:D:D

there was a small hail shower just a couple of secs ago too so the snow is perfect snowman snow!!! will have to wait another hour or so to get hubby and stepson outta bed!! it better not melt!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sdonn wrote: »
    Any predictions for today, tonight and the coming of days for the east and Dublin folks? :(

Looking at the radar and sat pictures, I'd expect showers to intensify over Ulster (lucky them!) but hopefully some sloopy seconds will make there way through to the Dublin area during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Currently -1c with clear skies. Everything grey & frozen. Any predictions for the Galway area snowwise??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Met eireann 8 am on newstalk. Further snow northern half. Sunny in south and southeast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

snowing in Tralee right now -ground has turned white - yippee -

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Listening to Met E forecast on RTE, huge uncertainty as to what will happen this week. Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-4.5c had a low of -5.2c think my station recorded lowest temp in the country on IWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

"Snizzle" here in Tuam now. Wind gusting up to 20mph in sub zero temps. Came in blue and shivering while out watching it! :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

After a snow shower last night that whitened the ground, we got nothing throughout the night much to my dissapointment.

And now, it is raining :(
    I am so depressed it's not even funny. :(:(:(:(

Sligo/Leitrim area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Come on everybody WAKEY WAKEY !! It SNOWED !! I can just picture some of the late night posters laying asleep at their computers... curtains open... Snowing outside and them sleeping threw it. :)

(No snow here since i woke at 7 but its so quiet and peaceful is great. There is just something great about standing on your front porch looking out at a blanket of snow in complete silence. LOVE IT )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Updated weather warning on Met.ie website:

Issued at 20 December 2009 - 07:50

Weather warning

Snow showers affecting much of Ulster and Connacht today, Sunday, will give accumulations of between 5 & 12 cm, with some drifting possible due to strong westerly winds.
    Some snow showers will occur elsewhere but with much smaller accumulations likely.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

irish1967 wrote: »
    Come on everybody WAKEY WAKEY !! It SNOWED !! I can just picture some of the late night posters laying asleep at their computers... curtains open... Snowing outside and them sleeping threw it. :)

:D I've missed snow showers, being too busy on the computer looking at the radar, sat pics, reading forums, etc. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

snowing here now, really cold hard frost:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

0C
    Dp -2.7C

Icy
    Almost cloud free.

Min -0.4C

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement