Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (19/12/09) (Band of Sleet to Snow to push south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I like the latest gfs where the cold air arives at the exact same time as precipitation at my location later, please fall as snow, please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    Where u get that?
    Id say Donegal will be one of the worst hit too.

We live in hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I like the latest gfs where the cold air arives at the exact same time as precipitation at my location later, please fall as snow, please

just looking at those GFS charts - they have a higher snow risk for the east than the west tomorrow! not sure as previously mentioned that these charts are any good in the short range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Where u get that?

http://sniw.webs.com/currentweatherwarnings.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wet and cold and miserable here in the Blue Stacks just now....

Wild wind rising

Closing down now.... flu.

Have a good night all and happy watching...

Where u get that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

do you tink it will snow in limerick ??:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

MUSEIST wrote: »
    The latest GFS does indicate significant snowfall for northwest and north in particular over the next 24 hrs. The predictions are in line with the UK Met Office advisory.

The GFS says most of the country should see some snow over the next 12 hrs.

here is link

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

john 1994 wrote: »
    do you tink it will snow in limerick ??:D:D

It will rain in Limerick later with possible snow showers early tomorrow morning. Thats the third time you asked ......

DP here is falling, probably will be sub zero by the time this front arrives but i think this is going to be a snizzle to snizzle affair like last night.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

good..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sky is darkening here bigtime with heavy looking cloud but remains dry. Dosen't look like the usual Atlantic front approach though. There is even a deep red/purple hue to it to my NE. :)

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    It will rain in Limerick later with possible snow showers early tomorrow morning. Thats the third time you asked ......

DP here is falling, probably will be sub zero by the time this front arrives but i think this is going to be a snizzle to snizzle affair like last night.
    Nuns knockers here too.
    Air is down to 2.6c and dp is down to 0.9c and lol the snow symbol is on the davis :D

Much snow up with you?
    Theres a good 2 inches just 2 miles above coolgreaney village 6 miles west of arklow with cars stuck on the road and thats from the frozen snow and slush from the other night.
    The whole area is brilliant white from croghan right down to about 200ft asl ie almost at coolgreaney village.
    Theres more snow on the southern side than on the northern side reflecting the track of the showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi All
    Feeling alot colder in Enniskillen now, METO has St Angelo for 6 at 15.00, but I recon that has now dropped to 3 or 4 where I'm living. Just had a heavy shower pass us, all rain sadly. Winds picked up too, all the birds fell silent before it started, and during it's passing (a sure sign of thunder) with all birds flocking to the nearest tree in scilence. Very eery. Anway, I'll try and keep you all up=dated as to whats going on through-out the course of the evening all being well!!
    Here's hoping for some Snow later, will it stick? I'm hopeful it will, altho the ground is very wet!! :(

Edit: Rain has jus started again - just looked out and it's now infact rain/hail!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z GFS in FI gives us a nippy Xmas Eve...

Rtavn11417.png

Sky is darkening here bigtime with heavy looking cloud but remains dry. Dosen't look like the usual Atlantic front approach though. There is even a deep red/purple hue to it to my NE. :)
    same here Deep. Just had a rain shower in fact. It's dropped to 4c now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nuns knockers here too.
    Air is down to 2.6c and dp is down to 0.9c and lol the snow symbol is on the davis :D

Much snow up with you?
    Theres a good 2 inches just 2 miles above coolgreaney village 6 miles west of arklow with cars stuck on the road and thats from the frozen snow and slush from the other night.
    The whole area is brilliant white from croghan right down to about 200ft asl ie almost at coolgreaney village.
    Theres more snow on the southern side than on the northern side reflecting the track of the showers.

Getting freezing out there now, clear sky and frost forming.

Report of snow in Antrim now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Rain showers here. 6.2C. Breezy too.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    same here Deep. Just had a rain shower in fact. It's dropped to 4c now

Scary, it is down to 4.0c dead bang here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Back on now guys for another few hours to see how things develop.

Navan, the sky is getting very dark and has gotten a lot colder than it was. Heres for snow.

9c here :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

BBQ time :D

lol, 12Z GFS goes for -9 Xmas morning, poor old Santa will be found frozen in someone's chimney. FI seems to be about 70 hrs though so could just as easily be a mild damp day.

A lot of showers coming in off the back off that front

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Where's here?

Costa Del Waterford! :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

showers have turned to snow here and the temp is now 0.9c temp dropping quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

jaysus maquiladora where the hell do you live ( in the middle of the atlantic somewhere by the sounds of it)

Its 4C here but its going to drop fast i'd say.

Costa Del Waterford! :D:D:D

Yep. Headin up to the midlands in a few hours though so still holding out hope of seeing something!

Where are you reading that? sounds well out given the nra at dungarvan was reporting 4.6c at 3pm.

Here its now 2.3c air 0.7c dp

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    showers have turned to snow here and the temp is now 0.9c temp dropping quick.

Nice one Owen, looks like the colder air is moving back in fast!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement