Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiFi released on 3 mobile

• 19-12-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I see 3 has released the Mifi.
    Has anyone got one yet and how is coverage.

http://www.three.ie/broadband/mifi.htm

Ipod touch and this is a nice alternative to iphone!!

Are there any downfalls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The coverage is the same as the usual 3g coverage. Nothing different, using the normal 3g signals and wifi'ing them out to different devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

there are similar devices available that are unlocked and sim free. a few months ago i got an unlocked one for about 50e but this one uses an external power supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

3 are a nightmare. They can't run their 3g network reasonably so I wouldn't trust them to do anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Haven't tested the MiFi yet..
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    3 are a nightmare. They can't run their 3g network reasonably so I wouldn't trust them to do anything else...
    I moved to 3 recently (from vodafone) and have to say their coverage is very good (especially the 3G)
    When I was on vodafone.. in our housing estate the signal was complete rubbish, had to walk down the end of the road just to get half a decent signal

Now on 3 - I can get full signal "inside my house" and most of the time can get 3G too :D no problems using Skype/3G apps etc. either

Advertisement