If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker upgrade

Options
  • 19-12-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I recently got a Q Acoustics 1000i 5.1 surround set to use with a Denon AVR1910. While I love the setup for movies, I'm not over the moon with them for music. I think they're a bit weak on bass and the sub is having to take up the slack. So I'm looking to upgrade the front pair with something that'll still work well with movies but give me more defined bass and lower ranges for music. I'm happy to go with end of line models. I see prices in the UK on Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s at around £99. Can you supply these or an alternative?

Vinnie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vinniemac wrote: »
    I recently got a Q Acoustics 1000i 5.1 surround set to use with a Denon AVR1910. While I love the setup for movies, I'm not over the moon with them for music. I think they're a bit weak on bass and the sub is having to take up the slack. So I'm looking to upgrade the front pair with something that'll still work well with movies but give me more defined bass and lower ranges for music. I'm happy to go with end of line models. I see prices in the UK on Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s at around £99. Can you supply these or an alternative?

Vinnie

Vinnie,

Thanks for the mail and I agree with you - the Q's are mainly AV biased (and to be fair they are great for movies for the money) However I don't think that the Diamond 9.1 will improve affairs significantly for you in that respect - if you wanted something that will voice in a similiar manner and not cost a fortune I would recommend:

Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 at £179.95

Or

Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 2 at £179.95

Have a look at the various reviews on these - either of these would be especially suitable for music and would really improve the clarity and musicality of the system.

Keep me posted if we can assist and again thanks for the post,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Thanks John,

A couple of questions....do the prices include shipping? (I'm in Kildare). And is there likely to be anything smilar of interest in the Jan sale ;)?

Vinnie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.