Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs Manchester United

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bad poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

having to shift Fletcher back into defence has exposed our brutal midfield, that was being sellotaped together by fletch's immense performances.
    Have to agree with that.

Gibson is not good enough and Anderson has frankly went backwards this season. Fletcher seems to be the only player who has stepped up and that's no good when he's in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It probably appears that I am just taking the oppurtunity to wind ye up after a bad result so I will leave it at what I posted earlier.

last post i promise

FWIW your posts are some of the very few on here that I actually bother to read and im annoyed mainly because of the ****e i just watched.

But I do entirely disagree with your assessment but its a valid opinion, just like Mitch's too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Or Aston Villa or Spurs...
    yeah suppose. I have a feeling Villa will fall away if they get a few injuries.

Both Arsenal and United need to buy in January. Striker most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RasTa wrote: »
    Gosh darnit but expected with no CB's available.

not really expected

where was our attack today, where has our attack been for awhile now ?

(dont include the wolves game ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Arsenal don't need to buy a striker = they have the second highest number of goals scored in the league - 41 vs 42 for Chelsea. It's what's happening at the other end that's causing the problems ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

5 losses before Xmas, pretty much no hope United will retain the Premiership.. 5 losses over the course of a season is pretty poor for any team challenging the title. As a few of ye said, unless Chelsea have a horrific next few weeks AND United get their arses in gear the title will be Chelseas.

Fergie needs to dip into the coffers for some defensive cover, today coupled with Vidic apparently Barca bound come May and Rio being the wrong side of 30. Bet fergie wishes he hadn't let Silvestre go now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Red Storm wrote: »
    5 losses before Xmas, pretty much no hope United will retain the Premiership.. 5 losses over the course of a season is pretty poor for any team challenging the title. As a few of ye said, unless Chelsea have a horrific next few weeks AND United get their arses in gear the title will be Chelseas.

Fergie needs to dip into the coffers for some defensive cover, today coupled with Vidic apparently Barca bound come May and Rio being the wrong side of 30. Bet fergie wishes he hadn't let Silvestre go now....

Lol, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Maybe one positive to take from the game: Our fans are magnificent. No other teams away fans would have: (1) stayed till the end in those circumstances, (2) kept singing at 3-0 down, to the point where the home support are silenced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Maybe one positive to take from the game: Our fans are magnificent.
    Uniteds travelling away fans usually are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Poll closed cause it's shit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Trilla wrote: »
    Uniteds travelling away fans usually are

Not often a situation like this arises, so it's nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

did saf say anything about the match ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Who changed the poll in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Archimedes wrote: »
    Who changed the poll in the first place?

Well I changed the title to ensure that it was no longer homophobic and I also wanted to make sure that it was not too upsetting for the more sensitive types. Unfortunately I could not delete it.

Apologise if people thought I meant that those who do not like the use of the word gay as a derogatory term were over sensitive. That is not what I meant at all, what I meant was that I did not want to change it from Gay to absolutely abysmal, rubbish, beyond awful or whatnot and upset the Man U fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Headshot wrote: »
    did saf say anything about the match ?

From BBC Live text:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "I hope this defeat doesn't cost us the league - we need defenders back to go for the league and the quicker the better. We're working overtime to get them back but there's no light at end of tunnel at moment, that's for sure. The players are feeling a little bit sorry for themselves at moment."

I have to say, I disagree with the result of the poll, I thought it was a very poor performance today :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well I changed the title to ensure that it was no longer homophobic and I also wanted to make sure that it was not too upsetting for the more sensitive types. Unfortunately I could not delete it.

Did you change the options to Yes and Yes or were they already like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I only changed the title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Was Yes and Yes from the start I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mars bar wrote: »
    I think this is going to be nitty gritty match but I think we'll get a good result from it...
    What is up with our defenders?! Dropping like flies they are...

I'm never going to type those words before a match again...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

There's only one F'n Fulham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Paulegend wrote: »
    There's only one F'n Fulham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You support Liverpool don't you? Yeah, real smart comment :rolleyes:

Liam O wrote: »
    You support Liverpool don't you? Yeah, real smart comment :rolleyes:
    Why don't you go say that to all the United fans in the Liverpool threads the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

CHD wrote: »
    Why don't you go say that to all the United fans in the Liverpool threads the last few days?

Sorry but that is an extremely hypocritical comment that I don't think warrants much of a response because it will lead to stupid bickering that has nothing to do with any match.

Ok I wil just talk about the match.Delighted for Fulham today. Great win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Valencia took a big dive in the first half and Rooney should have been booked/sent off for his consistent and dangerous two footed tackles.

Zamora had one of his worst ever misses for us in the first half.

Good result though.

Well done to Fulham yesterday.

Fantastic result. It made a shíte day a tad better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Injuries aside United are becoming quite a boring team to watch because they dont have the quality they once had and are forced to be dogged and hard working with players like Park and flecther and rooney has never been used properly since he came to united, his best position is just behind a 30 goal a season striker, something we havent had since ruud left us.

Ronaldo is a massive massive loss, he allowed the other players to be workers while he got us has many goals as a prolific striker from midfield

Im not sure about the stories about us being broke are true, I mean we did actually offer 26m for teves but they wouldnt accept it

I am not surprised they didnt invest the ronaldo money actually because he was such a great player for us trying to replace him immediately would have been impossible, I think their plan was to consolidate the loss play for a year and any new signings would have a bigger impact as we would have ronaldo out of the team for a year

I think fergie knows deep down that this team is not good enough to win the league this year

I really hope they go all out and buys Krasic from CSKA moscow because the lad looks class everytime I have seen him play plus he is a united fan too

I would also like us to go for dzesko at wolfsberg

We will probably need a new centre back too because I dont tink rio's injuries are going to go away, I would like us to get shawcross back

Lastly we will need a new keeper and the guy at Lyon looks the best one around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rio for Shawcross...

*sigh*

• Advertisement
Advertisement