Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Annual Christmas Toy Clearout

Options
  • 19-12-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Today in advance of the big fella's visit we've cleared out a good few toys received last year. They're all brand new (still in packaging) and we'd love to donate them to kids where they will be put to good use.

Can anyone suggest somewhere in the North County I should send them rather than my local charity shop because I'd rather they went straight to the kids than sold off?

PS
    Please no comments about excesses of toys. I'm well aware of it, unfortunately we're not the culprits and I'm dreading the next few days. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

St Vincent de Paul?
    Temple Street Hospital?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Someone posted here recently about a special needs mother and toddler group in Balbriggan - maybe they could use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Send them to barretstown - IMO, the most nobel charity in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Temple Street, Barrettstown and St V De Paul are great and will ensure they get a good deserving home and bring a little happiness to kids.
    Also the H.S.E are dealing with some real hardship and have kids in care so maybe give their office in Airside a call and speak to a social worker.

It is a very nice jesture on your part eoineo. "Real christmas spirit."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think there is a SVdeP "giving tree" in Clare Hall so I'm going to nip down there today and see if that would be suitable. I'd love to donate toys to the mother & toddler group but these ones don't belong to the toddler. :D

And it's not really me doing the giving as they're not my presents to give. There is a very thoughtful and generous 10YO in our house who understands that other kids don't do so well over the year and we're delighted that she has bagged so many toys up off her own initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Eoineo wrote: »
    There is a very thoughtful and generous 10YO in our house who understands that other kids don't do so well over the year and we're delighted that she has bagged so many toys up off her own initiative.

Now that's real Christmas spirit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Eoineo wrote: »
    There is a very thoughtful and generous 10YO in our house who understands that other kids don't do so well over the year and we're delighted that she has bagged so many toys up off her own initiative.

Well she deserves something special from Santa

Advertisement