Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D

Options
  • 19-12-2009 2:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, whos given these a go? I tried them last summer and was less than impressive. I played some trackmania, worked ok, but everything was moving so fast you dont have time to notice.

COD4 made me feel nautious, the player names were distoring my eyes a bit. Scoping is awesome though. BF2 was alright, nothing special.

For those who are wondering what the big deal is, Nvidias Stereoscopic 3D also work with red and cyan el cheapo 3D glasses. Just get the latest drivers and stereoscopic is there, ready to go. Been playing Resi 5 with it (impressive), Audiosurf (less than impressive), and Left 4 Dead 2 (which is bloody awesome, the blood effects on the screen are amazing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

not sure what your talking about, a special monitor or something?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ah apologies

Nvidia 3D Vision

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html

I tried it with the 150 euro glasses and IR and 120hz monitor. And now playing it with some cheap cardboard red and cyan glasses with a 60hz monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I tried it with the 150 euro glasses and IR and 120hz monitor. And now playing it with some cheap cardboard red and cyan glasses with a 60hz monitor.

Much difference?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TomCo wrote: »
    Much difference?

Yeah. Red and Cyan glasses give off a different colouring on the screen. But to be honest, the difference between 120hz and 60hz is minimal. Most GPUs just cant render modern games twice over and still maintain 60fps anyway.

ah apologies

Nvidia 3D Vision

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html

Hold on so even though it says you need all that stuff, I can still try this with my 60hz monitor and my 9800GTX with ****ty 3d glasses?

deadly.

Although I don't have 3d classes :( lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Although I don't have 3d classes :( lol.

You can make some with two cd markers and some transparent material.

I aint got that either, but I shall be seeing avatar soon so I assume I'll get some 3d glasses then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I aint got that either, but I shall be seeing avatar soon so I assume I'll get some 3d glasses then :cool:

What they use in the cinema is a different type of 3D technology which won't be compatible with Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D.

gayness:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Would not mind giving this a go. I even have a good nvidia card at the moment. Too bad I have amblyopia though.
    Nice concept but I doubt it will take off. 3D tech has always been a bit tacky. I hope it does not succeed in the mainstream:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement