Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Allenwood???

Options
  • 19-12-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi my husband & I have been to view a few properties around robertstown & allenwood. As we're not from kildare Im just wondering from anyone living there or surrounding locations, is it a nice place to live etc. I work in Dublin, so would be commuting, but as my shifts are 7.30-8.30 I wouldn't be travelling at busy times. Really appreciate anyone's advice in relation to the areas....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

hi, i am originally from robertstown and would say go for there over allenwood. although robertstown is smaller it is so much more personal. allenwood is spread out so much that if you wanted to get to know the local people you mite find not find it as easy as robertstown. if you have children or have plans to have children them there is no better place to grow up in, the local football and soccer clubs are within walking distance of everywhere. you also have lowtown lough and marina and mondello park there. your also only ten mins from the n7 where as allenwood would be closer to 20 mins.
    if there is anything else you would like to know or want someone to show you around then let me know by pm.

regards,
    les

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Les thank you kindly for your reply, really really appreciated. It is information like that which really helps in the decision making process. As we are 1st time buyers we have many questions & anxieties I guess, but especially about the location etc. I got a great feel for both roberstown & allenwood, so very nice & rural whilst having amenities close by. Yes pg children will be in the future so it was great to see local kids out playing around in a nice safe setting. So robertstown is roughly 10 mins to the N7 whilst allenwood is 20? The house in robertstown we viewed was in the moorings, do you know this estate? & in Allenwood it was woodlawn. Thank you for your offer, as Im working crazy hours over the next while & hopefully fitting a bit of relaxation in over xmas, I won't bother you :) But who knows I might take you up on that offer in the near future, thank you kindly again les

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

your very welcome. i have an uncle living in the moorings, its a nice spot, the houses are very nice. lowtown lough and marina are only 5-600 yards away from there. there are a good few dubs down that way also so you wont feel too far from home haha, great banthar when the football is on. im not all that familar with woodlawn so i cant comment or help out there. if there is anything else just let me know and the above offer is always open.

les

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Cheers thanks so much. Well it's getting away from Dublin, been back in my own known area, the country...Im not a dub myself so it's closer to home Id be moving back to :) That sounds great, makes me so much more hopeful...We may head down & walk around the area, cause we just did the viewing last wk, went from house to house so didn't get to see the village as such. Again thank you so much, I could be in contact again, cheers & thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 keep it tidy

my home place is a mile and a hald from both robertstown and allenwood both have up sides and downsides, allenwood its more spread out than robertstown, have you looked in kilmeague its about 10 mins away from the n7 its right beside robertstown, ;) allenwood is less than 10 mins from kilmeague, to get to the n7 from allenwood and robertstown you will have to come threw kilmeague. if i was to pick id live in either robertstown or kilmeague at the mo im moving to kilmeague myself. best of luck and let us know what you choose :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 asknot

Hi Emer, I would pick Allenwood over Robertstown or Kilmeague.As you said,take a walk around each of the villages and then make up your mind,as it is a huge decision.
    Woodlawns seems to be a nice quite area and lovely houses.
    Also it is equal distance from both the M4 and M7,and can commute to the city centre in under an hour, best of luck.

Advertisement