Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2+ speeds?

• 19-12-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok I have email confirmation from Eircom that my exchange was upgraded to ADSL2+ last week.

Does that mean that 24MB/s is now available or are there different flavours of ADSL2+ ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

24/1 or 12/2 or 12/1 are your only options. They are business packages on the eircom website and are not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    24/1 or 12/2 or 12/1 are your only options. They are business packages on the eircom website and are not cheap.

Are you sure that 24/1 is deffo available .. there is no chance of this sort of guff when I ring them on Monday:

"Oh no your exchange got the ADSL2+ that only goes to 12Mb/s!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

zod wrote: »
    :

"Oh no your exchange got the ADSL2+ that only goes to 12Mb/s!"

just because the exchange has been upgraded doesn't mean your line will handle the 24Mb speed
    this is subject to your line quality and distance from the exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

kudzRS wrote: »
    just because the exchange has been upgraded doesn't mean your line will handle the 24Mb speed
    this is subject to your line quality and distance from the exchange

understand that.

Just wondering if there are different flavours of ADSL2+ ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

zod wrote: »
    understand that.

Just wondering if there are different flavours of ADSL2+ ?

There's 2 forms, the original and the later Annex M which provides more upload. Eircom are currently supplying Annex M on their 12meg packages.

http://business.eircom.net/SME/faq/11942954/

• Advertisement
Advertisement