Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony ebooks

Options
  • 19-12-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I bought my wife a sony ebook for christmas and was wondering did anyone else find it as hard as i did to set the ******* thing up i am starting to wonder should i leave it back as i don't want her to be disappointed.

i downloaded some books of waterstones.com and cant seem to transfer them onto the book, waterstones say to download the adobe digital editions which i did but still i got nothing and when i contacted sony direct they said use the software thats dedicated which is e-reader and as for the twits in extra-vision well thats a whole other post.

any help would be great
    mp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

for the life of me I cant understand why someone would wanna read off a computer screen, they'd be blind by new years. I'd much rather read the book itself.

did you receive an instruction booklet? you should sit down and scan through it, then go on a forum dedicated to these ebooks, find a forum where these ebook mad hatters meet and ask their advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

for the life of me I cant understand why someone would wanna read off a computer screen, they'd be blind by new years. I'd much rather read the book itself.

did you receive an instruction booklet? you should sit down and scan through it, then go on a forum dedicated to these ebooks, find a forum where these ebook mad hatters meet and ask their advice.

Stephen, Have you read anything on the ebook reader? It is not what you expect. The e-ink technology is not like a computer screen at all, anyway thats off topic.

MinDundalk, I did have alot of problems when I first got mine.

The Sony Software really sucks, partly because (at least at the time I bought it) the software would not work with the water stones site due to US licensing law. :confused:

The solution was to use a program called calibre to copy the ebooks over. You can get it from here:
    http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows

I have my ebook reader about 7 months now and I love it. I did have a few problems to begin with but believe me it is very much worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Stephen, Have you read anything on the ebook reader? It is not what you expect. The e-ink technology is not like a computer screen at all, anyway thats off topic.

Yeah I assumed it would be that way. I'd be interested in seeing one.

Advertisement