Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat in a bath tub

Options
  • 19-12-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I have two cats, I have two cat beds, two human beds, a couch and loads of cushions yet one of my cats insists on pulling the bath mat into the bath and sleeping on that... why? Even when I take her to my parents house she does the same thing. Weird! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

I've never heard of a cat sleeping in the bath before but when one of my father's cats wants a drink she insists on having the basin in the bathroom filled. She won't drink from anything else. She's also fascinated by people taking baths - justs sits on the edge on the bath and watches

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

That is very funny. Both my cats love to sit and stare at anyone taking a bath, they seem to be trying to figure out what kinda freaky we are for volunteering to sit in water!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

One of ours likes to sleep in the sink :rolleyes:

9E63124E83E246C4B207CE6AA646C93F-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

cats sleep in the most funniest places... just make sure you keep the toilet lid closed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Never understood this myself. Even in a cattery with lovely warm vet beds, some cats choose to sleep in the gravelly litter tray..crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Did you by any chance get the cat as a kitten that came from a farm ?

No she didn't come from a farm, she was around 5 other cats when she was young though. Why?!?!?:confused:

Love the pic of the cat in the sink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

OT posts deleted - me right one - I suggest you remember what forum you're in next time

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now, best intentions aside, bath mats will have a smell of urine on them. Now, normally cats like to get rid of the smell of human (hence them rubbing on you to put their scent on you and them washing to get your smell off them). Maybe there is something about the cat that it wants a human smell. Alternatively, there may be a chemical smell on the mats that the cat likes.

Victor wrote: »
    Now, best intentions aside, bath maths will have a smell of urine on them. Now, normally cats like to get rid of the smell of human (hence them rubbing on you to put their scent on you and them washing to get your smell off them). Maybe there is something about the cat that it wants a human smell. Alternatively, there may be a chemical smell on the mats that the cat likes.

Not that kind of bath mat... the one that sits on the side of your bath (basically a really thick towel) and only goes on the floor when you are in the shower....

.... unless of course you are a person with unexcusably bad aim...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

i have 2 8 month old kittys and one of them loves to come into the bath or shower with me and just sit there and get all wet. The other hates water but will sit in the sink or oon the egde of the bath patting the water when im in there.
    They also love to pull up the bath mat and let it fall back down as they love the sound.
    Its funny until its 4am and it wakes you up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

One of mine came from a farm and she likes to sleep in bath and sink too, the farm where she came from she used to sleep in troughs and that when she was a kitten...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

One of mine loves playing in the bath - an empty bath! He will roll around in it and turn onto his back for me to scratch his tummy, etc. I have since found out that his previous owner was in a wheelchair and would play with the cat in the bath because he could reach him. I think it's amazing that the cat managed to "train" me to play with him in the bath!!! He also sits on the back of my high back computer chair and he used to sit on the back of his previous owner's wheelchair!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Both my cats love going in the bath. One likes to drink water from the tap, even though her bowl is full. That said, she also prefers to go outside and drink collected rain water than from her bowl.
    The other cat also likes the bath but we try to keep her out of there in case she gets confused and uses it as a litter box as she has in the past though this was years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lollymcd wrote: »
    That is very funny. Both my cats love to sit and stare at anyone taking a bath, they seem to be trying to figure out what kinda freaky we are for volunteering to sit in water!!!

Mine used to freak me out that way, I knew he hated water too, so I was always worried he would slip in and turn the bath into a blender.

October wrote: »
    One of mine loves playing in the bath - an empty bath! He will roll around in it and turn onto his back for me to scratch his tummy, etc. I have since found out that his previous owner was in a wheelchair and would play with the cat in the bath because he could reach him. I think it's amazing that the cat managed to "train" me to play with him in the bath!!! He also sits on the back of my high back computer chair and he used to sit on the back of his previous owner's wheelchair!

This is soooo sweet! Amazing how he managed to train you so well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

That is the amazing thing with cats... you never know what they will do..
    My cat always run to the bath tub when I have a shower and sit there watching me!!! He also loves going to play in the bath tub, and lay in the sink..
    So no worry where they sleep, as long as they think it is comfy, that is fine with them.. ;)

Advertisement