Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man stabbed in tip connected to feud here... (Mod Warning Post #1)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

he was one of the dirty dozen as there called, god rest him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the dirty dozen was'nt that charles bronson and lee marvin ??

heard theyre getting the helicopter down for the funeral.....

so from belfast to tipp to west waterford and city the web of evil ethnics thrives.....

like how many went up the river for all the craic round the deise last summer .....
    only one for playing bumpers with a lexus on john st..
    the rest got slots on various tabloid rags page 3 pinups, eh..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I can barely understand a word in this thread. Has it become a training thread for illiterates? :mad:

As serious a topic it is, I think I'll avoid this thread from now on so that I don't have a migraine for Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

whittler wrote: »
    he was one of the dirty dozen as there called, god rest him

Ah ye thats the name a friend told me was on them , iv bein told they would be as mad as any of them , gardai will be busy, is the funeral on today ye? Iv not heard much more on this in relation to the arrests either surely if they had someone for it they could go ahead and charge them.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dirty dozen? Ha ha who do they think they are the fecking mafia or something.

• Advertisement

ALL five arrested over the murder have bein released without charge :rolleyes: looks like that was waste of time maybe , we shall all just wait and see if we see more trouble in days ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

gscully wrote: »
    I can barely understand a word in this thread. Has it become a training thread for illiterates? :mad:

As serious a topic it is, I think I'll avoid this thread from now on so that I don't have a migraine for Christmas...

out of the loop ? better off.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Alot of them travellers went around south limerick trying to get served in pubs the day of the funeral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jo06555 wrote: »
    ALL five arrested over the murder have bein released without charge :rolleyes: looks like that was waste of time maybe , we shall all just wait and see if we see more trouble in days ahead.

witnesses suddenly "lost" their memories I guess, the usual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Paddy Boy

What a sad, terrible tragedy to have happened to such a wonderful man.

I knew Willie Stokes and can emphatically state that he was one of the nicest people one could possibly meet. He was, of course, related to some of those apparently involved in the ongoing feud, but he personally was not part of it and was only interested in living a peaceful existence with his wife and four young children.

It appears that he was targeted because he was considered easy to reach, which demonstrates just how far removed from the feud he actually was; ironically, if he'd been involved he'd probably have been more guarded against reprisals.

God rest his soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Well travellers have a bad name with all the violence,dodgy trading,getting goverment handouts,not paying tax etc for such a small "ethnic group"so you cant blame people for being very weary of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Paddy Boy

Well travellers have a bad name with all the violence,dodgy trading,getting goverment handouts,not paying tax etc for such a small "ethnic group"so you cant blame people for being very weary of them

People are "weary" out of ignorance. It is, after all, but a small percentage of Travellers who carry out the unlawful things you mention, the vast majority are as law abiding as anyone else on this island of ours.

It’s unfortunate some wish to use the reporting of this tragedy to emphasise only negative aspects of my community.

Willie Stokes was an upstanding member of the whole community of Tipperary, not just among Travellers. He was hugely respected by everyone who knew him and his death leaves a great sadness with those of us who were fortunate enough to have known him.

This innocent, decent man was murdered while his 11 year old son looked on helplessly. Now, other innocent people die in similar horrendous incidences all the time, but it just so happens that on this occasion it’s someone from the Travelling Community and as a result yet another opportunity is presented for those with anti-Traveller leanings to jump at the chance to advance their views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

tis always the way paddy. Same really that people only talk about cops not doing this and that but never talk about the good that they do do. I didnt know willie meself. From what I hear he was sound. I have drank with plenty of travellers over the years and most of then where sound. Some where tools but sure so are loads of the "settled" people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Rest In Peace Willie Stokes.....I saw his grave Christmas Eve, This guy was liked by the traveler and settled people alike......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

these bohyos were no relation then:confused:

of a similar deed

Hoffmans wrote: »
    these bohyos were no relation then:confused:

of a similar deed

Not sure , i suppose they may have their own feud goin up their but im sure they are all in contact with each other as most travellers are ,

I heard from a mate last week ,he was in bar on barrack st and a load of travellers kicked off cops took bout ten min to arrive ended up bein brawl outside with pool cues , i actually think it was night of funeral of mr stokes ,so may be connected somehow , but cops took their time apparently they all met up somewhere to go together , i suppose ye could not blame them.

Advertisement