Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watercooling in ireland.

Options
  • 19-12-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

ive been looking for some watercooling gear, and there's not a great selection available in ireland.
    so going on uk sites, who ships to ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/

Not bought any WC gear from them tho, just some cables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pixmania had some watercooling stuff. Not sure if they still have it or if any of it is any good though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK Pix has a fairly big selection of WC gear from back when they assimilated PC Zone (continental store?) into the Borg Fotovista collective. The bulk of it is very much DIY though, good prices but you have to buy it all piecemeal and put it together from the ground up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/

And the shipping costs are quite reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Solitaire wrote: »
    AFAIK Pix has a fairly big selection of WC gear from back when they assimilated PC Zone (continental store?) into the Borg Fotovista collective. The bulk of it is very much DIY though, good prices but you have to buy it all piecemeal and put it together from the ground up.

just spent almost 4 hours looking through their entire stock.

finally got what i wanted, and total was 530.

then opened an account, and went through the entire process.

as soon as i clicked buy, igot this message.

PIXmania will be dispatching: 3 items
    total delivery charge price : € 13.90

PC Look will be dispatching: 9 items

Shipping fees
    Price: € 130,59 Inc. VAT

seems they dont stock them only list them. and im not paying 150euro for delivery!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Give www.overclockers.co.uk a try as well, They have built up a nice selection lately and also stock Bitspower fittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/

Not bought any WC gear from them tho, just some cables.

I have used them a few times now. They are sound i couldn't recommend them enough,

Drop Tom a email he is the owner, If you have any questions or need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Used www.aquatuning.co.uk last week, UK frontend for a big German? outfit. Massive stock, delivery was 5 days.
    Have used specialtech in the past, fast and good.
    Ordered most of my stuff from www.pc-cooling.de a couple of years ago but they aren't as well stocked now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I really have to push, ChilledPC.co.uk There customer service is the best i have seen in years.

The prices are good as well. And you will have your order normally within 72 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

out of curiosity where do the irish watercooler and oc'rs hangout?
    mstly on usa forums?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

umm maybe find a few on the overclocks forums

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I'm normally on xtremesystems.org

As for my watercooling kit, I have a ton of stuff most of them bought via sidewindercomputers(over in the states) and the rest from either chilledpc.co.uk and aquatuning.com

Sidewinder are great for parts that you can't get in the EU, I have a custom asus P6T blocks and tubing which you can get in the EU in most places now such as the tygon 3600 tubing.
    Shipping from the states on a order of $700 worth of parts cost me 90 dollars.

I have bought a load of stuff of aquatuning shipping was around 40Euro's they have a very good selection of bits and pieces, but if you are after bitspower fittings ect buy them off highflow.nl
    best prices by far and great on shipping and service.

If you after some of the kits that are out have a look at overclockers.co.uk then again I think they are a bunch of robbing gits and very rarely use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

somakasvh wrote: »
    http://www.specialtech.co.uk/

And the shipping costs are quite reasonable too.

another vote for specialtech

good price , service and post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

I usually get my stuff from Performance PCs. He has a great selection. The only drawback is he is in Florida so probably more expensive shipping. However, as you add stuff to your cart you can get an exact shipping fee so you can check it out and compare it to the other suggested sites.

Advertisement