Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Valeting

Options
  • 19-12-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere near Enniscorthy that does car valeting.

Is it possible to have them call to your house rather than having to wait for a few hours for your car to be ready?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I dont know of any in Enniscorthy, but I used to use AAA in Kerlogue, just outside Wexford town. There's also a crowd doing it at the 24h in Rocklands.

It is possible to get someone to call out, but it wont be the full job. When I used to get cars cleaned they took out the seats and carpets and shampooed them outside the car.

If you dont want this done, you might as well do it yourself! All it takes is a hoover, a bucket, and some time...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

There is a place in enniscorthy that does it €100-120 for a full valet. Does that seem reasonable?

Is it common practice to take out the seats to shampoo them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Is it common practice to take out the seats to shampoo them?

It *used* be necessary to take them out to steam clean them properly but make sure any seat-squab airbags aren't affected if they take them out.

'cptr

As the 'Ceptor says, just as long as they're careful taking out the seats. They contain pretensioners and possibly airbags that could go off if its not done right.

€100-€120 does not sound too bad if they're doing all the seats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

Is it safe to take them out if it could damage the airbag?

• Advertisement

It is safe to do it, just as long as whoever does it knows what they're doing. As long as its all disconnected and reconnected properly, then there's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tomo1991

Auto Intelligence are a mobile valet company.
    I have used them myself and found them extremely efficient.
    0863158173 - Auto Intelligence

Advertisement