Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City sack Hughes

Options
  • 19-12-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the impact this will have of on our chances of getting that Champions League spot.

I feel sorry for Hughes but I think this is appointment is great news for our chances as Mancini in my opinion is unbelievably over-rated and I think will struggle to push City into fourth. His record on paper is good but a lot of his achievements were while Inter biggest rivals had big points deductions, and besides his Champions League record is abysmal.

Foolish to write City off I know but I do think its between us and Villa now to fight it out for 4th.
    COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think it could go either way.

they might struggle t find form or they might coe out all guns blazing to impress the new boss, like what we did when harry arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

It all depends on how City players bind with the new management team.

IMO I don't think it's going to make much difference overall as although city have a collection of fantastic players, they seem to have a scent of the mercenary about them.

All we have to do is keep fighting and winning and I don't see why we can't finish well clear of City. I think our players have more of a team spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

90% of footballers are mercenaries. they don't give a crap about the club. all that kissing the badge is rubbish unless they grew up supporting that team so when you see robbie keane or anyone else pretending to love the crest it is a sham. man city tottenham, lyon, derry city there all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think maybe the teams shenanigans in dublin probably bound them closer:)
    City are funny some team especially at home heaps of potential there

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

90% of footballers are mercenaries. they don't give a crap about the club. all that kissing the badge is rubbish unless they grew up supporting that team so when you see robbie keane or anyone else pretending to love the crest it is a sham. man city tottenham, lyon, derry city there all the same

Whats that got to do with the original question and why are you posting in a supporters club then.

In answering to the OP I dont think we are up to 4th just yet anyway. Villa are a much better option for it than us this year with dark horses Fulham!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I think it was too quick. Couldn't help thinking he could replace Rafa when I heard it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

too early to call realistically there are still 4 teams in with a shout for 4th pos. im not goin to write off liverpool yet. dont think hughes sacking will make much difference to man city unless they buy a new back four in january.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

nearer 99.9% i'd say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would have much prefered if Hughes had stayed on at City,it would be better for our chances of getting 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Have to feel sorry for Sparky.

Would have been good for us if he stayed on though, another batch of draws would keep em off our backs.

Then again Mancini might not do any better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I think Hughes was out of his depth dealing with that sort of money & expectation & managing players with huge egos like Robinho & Adabayor. As he's still quite a young manager who's not really achieved much as manager in the game yet.

I'm really pleased that they have gone for Mancini. I'm hoping he will do for City what Ramos did for us!! He only really won the Italian league by default with Inter when all the other top clubs in Italy got punished with relegation for fixing matches! He's not been a Manager for long. He can't even speak English!

So i'm hoping it will take Mancini at least a year to get to grips with English football & can only seeing this benefiting us for this year's challenge.

With Liverpool floundering, its very hard not to get excited about our prospects.

Advertisement